Author Topic: LG washer wm2032hw toruble code OE  (Read 7186 times)

Offline johnnyjet

• VIP Member
Re: LG washer wm2032hw toruble code OE
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »
I have taken the taken a wet vac and cleaned out the pump and also the little drain hose in the front of the machine.  The littlr drain hose was completely clogged with sediment but is now clear.  The pump is also clear.  where is the air bell located and how do I clear that?, I would imagine that is my next step

Offline johnnyjet

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 03:22:40 PM »
BTW the number was 230 on the display

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »
That is the thing that the tubing attaches to at the base of the tub. As the tub fills the air pressure inside the bell expands and pushes against a bladder up inside the main control. When the correct pressure is reached then the switch makes the jump to light speed and  throws the power over to the motor; all systems is go. So what goes wrong? Sediment gets in there and clogs up the tube. The control ain't getting the propah pressure reading and is having a hissy fit. Yank of the tubing up at the control and blow through it to release any sediment then securely reattach the tubing and drain the machine so it can get a fresh readin and know what the water level is. After clearing and reattaching the tubing and draining the machine unplug that motha fer a spell so it can meditate on workin correct.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:32:27 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline johnnyjet

• VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 06:40:24 AM »
When I did the test the 1st time it was mid-cycle.....when I did it the proper way, as your instuctions indicated,  it was 266 on the reading.  so now Im totally lost as to what the issue may be.  Gremlins perhaps?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
You must have an issue with the controls. Unplug them and check for corrosion reconnect them and retry.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline johnnyjet

• VIP Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
ok....can you get me the part number and link for a new control panel ?

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »
ok....can you get me the part number and link for a new control panel ?

Here is the wm2032hw parts diagram.

Most likely your problem is with the water level pressure switch.  The part number is AP4445151

I really doubt it's anything with the control board.

What about the water level pressure switch as wildimaginations suggested? I thought you already had one on order...

Offline johnnyjet

• VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 04:12:06 PM »
yes i figure ill change that and if that dont work the control board and if that dont work im gonna go get a............?

Offline johnnyjet

• VIP Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 02:38:27 PM »
Changed the switch.  Problem still the same.  OE code again.   :tickedoff:

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 01:59:00 AM »
We're going to put the machine into test mode.  Make sure there is nothing inside the tub and close the door.  The power must be turned off.

1. Depress "Spin Speed" and "Soil Level" buttons together and hold. Depress the Power ON button.  All the LED's should light up.

2. Listen for the door lock to click.  Once the door locks, depress the rotary dial start button 4 times.  This will turn on the cold water valve.  Depress the rotary dial start button 2 more times and this will turn on the hot water valve.  The digital display will begin to countdown from 65 to 30.  Once it reaches 30, the water valves must shut off. 

If the counter doesn't change, there is something wrong with the pressure switch, the wire harness, the control board or the hose attached to it.  DO NOT BLOW INTO THE PRESSURE SWITCH OR YOU WILL DAMAGE IT!!!

If the counter reaches 30 and the water continues to flow into the machine, pull the electrical connectors to the water valve off and see if the water shuts off.  If the water continues to flow and all the electrical connectors are removed, change the water valve.

If the water shuts off after pulling out the connectors, then you have a problem with the board relays feeding power to the water valve.  Change the control board.  This situation is really rare and I have only seen this happen once.

Hope this helps.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline johnnyjet

• VIP Member
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 07:39:09 AM »
OK heres the update, after installing the water pressure switch the 1st run produced a OE code.  I tried again and it went the entire cycle without incident, so I tried another setting and again the entire cycle was completed so I will try it again today and let you know what happens, hopefully nothing.

Offline johnnyjet

• VIP Member
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 02:58:29 PM »
We're going to put the machine into test mode.  Make sure there is nothing inside the tub and close the door.  The power must be turned off.

1. Depress "Spin Speed" and "Soil Level" buttons together and hold. Depress the Power ON button.  All the LED's should light up.

2. Listen for the door lock to click.  Once the door locks, depress the rotary dial start button 4 times.  This will turn on the cold water valve.  Depress the rotary dial start button 2 more times and this will turn on the hot water valve.  The digital display will begin to countdown from 65 to 30.  Once it reaches 30, the water valves must shut off. 

If the counter doesn't change, there is something wrong with the pressure switch, the wire harness, the control board or the hose attached to it.  DO NOT BLOW INTO THE PRESSURE SWITCH OR YOU WILL DAMAGE IT!!!

If the counter reaches 30 and the water continues to flow into the machine, pull the electrical connectors to the water valve off and see if the water shuts off.  If the water continues to flow and all the electrical connectors are removed, change the water valve.

If the water shuts off after pulling out the connectors, then you have a problem with the board relays feeding power to the water valve.  Change the control board.  This situation is really rare and I have only seen this happen once.

K. I went thorough all the tests and all works fine.  The water stopped at 30, the pump pumped manually when I got to that step in that manual.so which board do I change the circuit board display or the control.

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 10:00:52 AM »
You'll probably need the control board.  What is the serial number of your unit?

Offline johnnyjet

• VIP Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 01:43:04 PM »
pm SENT.

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »
I've been thinking about this situation and there is something else wrong.  I'm having a hard time believing that the control board is the issue.  You will need to have an authorized LG tech come out and verify the problem.  I just can't see the control board being the issue.

Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 13547
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Kitchenaid Washer F11 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 5176
Last post March 23, 2008, 07:06:27 AM
by TechnicianBrian
Maytag Washer F01 Error Code