Author Topic: Whirlpool gearbox/transmission LSR8133HQ0  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Washaman

• Technician
Whirlpool gearbox/transmission LSR8133HQ0
« on: October 12, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »
Anyone got a link to a kit to rebuild the transmission? I have way to many sitting around here that need rebuilt. Thanks!

Model LSR8133HQ0

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Whirlpool gearbox/transmission LSR8133HQ0
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »
That would be nice to have a

Neutral drain kit

Clutch band and brake cam

Cam Set

all in one kit with instructions at a great price.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:37:38 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Washaman

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 09:33:48 AM »
Yes it would but I guess they don't make them. I picked up another Kenmore yesterday that has a bad transmission. It's agitating while spinning. Junk. So I have 3 machine right now that need a new transmission. Guess there going in the barn for parts.

Offline Brent@CanBC

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 03:39:08 AM »
Well Washaman,  its a shame that we were not closer, as for the last 10 plus years I have done up 20 of the Direct Drive trannys each year,  and have sold that job out every year.  I charged 200-250 labour and tranny to completion, and working.  If they hummed I quoted them the 200 and usually they went for it, and were back in the washing mode in less than a hour.   I have done up another 15 of them this summer, and so far have only sold this job once,  as people are pretty much moving over to the FL'rs in a fast way. 

As you will find out if you decide to re & re them,  there is not a lot to deal with.   In my case I also salvaged appliances, plus had access to the land fills as I had the contract to remove the gas from the fridges and freezers and could take what I wanted.  So for many years, my son and me did a lot of that, so had a pile of Direct Drive units to dismantle and clean up and use the like new parts, as MOST of the stuff we got,  was the best of the used parts to recycle and make like new again, and did.

We drilled three holes in the top of a portable work bench,  and installed 6" ready rod with nuts and washers to secure the ready rod,  and then up or a 1" from the top put a nut on, and washer,  and then sat the tranny on the three ready rods,  and secured the tranny down with nuts, and we had it so  we could do 10 trannys on the bench at a time, and on the long week end in September, we did nothing but all the trannys we had collected from jobs and the land fill. 

You will find them easy to do,  just have to remember how things came apart, and we reused only the ones with clean oil, as we pretty much used what ever it took to rebuild it.  We also painted the cast base, and just cleaned the top inspection plate, and used only the shafts with no ware.   The nuetral drains we never used new, as there was no need to buy anything period.  We just used all the parts from all the trannys we collected in a year.

In in Canada, it cost 22.86 for frt to get one, and another frt cost to send it back for them to rebuild.   Out of over 200 plus trannys we only had a couple that we had to go back on.   So again, most of these trannys are very simple, and easy to figure out and to go to a home and know what to do,  only takes up less than a hour to have them up and working,  and paid, and on our way.   Here in Canada,  they are dying off,  and its pretty much all front loaders here now.  I have had a great run with the Direct Drive washer,  the best washer Man ever built.  Even better than old Dependable Care washers.   The new orbital tranny was the first tranny that you could actually lay on its back and access it, not that they ever had much for problems.   

As time marches on here,  and the home owners switch to the front loaders,  the top loader is still here, but not like the FL'r community now.  I am in a small community of 2700 in town, and 8000 population in the area.  My customer base is very reliable,  never have had any speakable down time or no work.    Years back I did warrantee work, appartments,  resturants, you name it,  but I am past the senior age, and collecting my pensions, and have went from 12 calls a day to 1-2 and most week ends off, but like to work if I can.  Have problems from the hips down, so need to rest here and there to complete a few calls.   Don't need to work, but have to,  if I want to live a bit longer.   Brent@CanBC

Offline Washaman

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 11:55:41 PM »
 O0

Video: Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer Clutch, Brake Transmission - Gear Case

Started by AJ

Replies: 6
Views: 10616
Last post January 26, 2008, 08:15:30 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
Lets Look Inside The Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer Gear Case/Transmission

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 5213
Last post April 21, 2008, 07:08:04 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Direct Drive Transmission

Started by Ryan

Replies: 13
Views: 4362
Last post September 06, 2008, 06:21:53 PM
by JWWebster
whirlpool...repair man says transmission bad?

Started by llee0814

Replies: 47
Views: 20129
Last post October 02, 2008, 07:21:13 AM
by llee0814
3360629 Whirlpool Gear case (transmission, neutral drain)

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 5160
Last post March 07, 2009, 11:31:10 PM
by AJ
Estate (Whirlpool) Washer Transmission

Started by gatburgteddy

Replies: 2
Views: 1720
Last post April 02, 2009, 03:43:25 PM
by whirlpooltech