Author Topic: DCVH515EF0ww  (Read 3218 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
DCVH515EF0ww
« on: October 12, 2011, 07:13:19 PM »
I have a question. This GE dryer is dead. The lid switch is ok. The limit switch is fine. The only thing that does not have continuity is the inlet thermister. The tech sheet says it ought to read 80 ohms at room temp, it reads nada. Would this cause the dryer to be dead?

Model DCVH515EF0ww
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Re: DCVH515EF0ww
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:16:48 PM »
My buddy Jones brought over a new fangled GE dryer. The only thing I could find so far is an open inlet thermister.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 07:22:06 PM »
The original complaint was worn out glides. They were replaced. To get inside the machine you remove the trim then the top then the control panel then the front lifts off after backing out the screws at the base and removing the 2 at the top. From there on it is just another GE dryer.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:35:53 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 07:23:11 PM »
More from the swamp:
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »
The glide bearing is replaced by removing 2 screws on the front below the filter and removing the base of the bearing then the top comes right out. Click on pix to enlarge:
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 07:30:49 PM »
The dryer is operated by fancy electronics and has an exhaust thermister to determine drum temp as well as a broken belt switch. Tip to reinstall the belt you need to raise the drum up enough to get your arms in there to reconnect the idler. If the fancy electronic control is attached to the top it must be removed to do this.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 07:33:35 PM »
I posted the photos for those of you who were wondering how to get into the machine. Like I said the only thang we found wrong was an open inlet thermister. Looks more like a limit than a thermister. Jones ordered one. Will let yall know the results but until then does anybody know? Note: (I am not about to jump out them 2 wires without knowing. Last time I tried that, I burnt a GE wiring harness all to hell and back.)
Thanking yall in advance. Dubya J

GE Inlet Control Thermister Part # WE4M398
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:48:24 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 07:55:24 PM »
Awesome, I love post like this.  O0 O0

Offline rego

• Technician
  • Quality Service You Can Afford
    • Reges Service and Repair
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 06:01:30 AM »
Not positive about the thermister but if it's anything like the duet it's a good bet that it could.  Duet with bad thermister will run for a minute then shut down and throw a code...I would think GE would have the same type of operation...but thinking always get's me in trouble...thanks for the pics!

Offline Taprobag

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 07:47:17 PM »
if your not getting the correct ohm reading at room temp the thermistor is bad and the dryer will not work you could jump the motor from the control board and if the motor dose not run then you know that there is a problem within that circut most likely the thermistor

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 08:04:59 PM »
The part is on order. I will let Yall know the results as soon as I know something.  O0
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:17:45 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 08:20:51 PM »
I have a few raw photos left I will post em:

never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 08:21:51 PM »
More from da swamp:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:33:19 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 08:27:48 PM »
2 er 3 mo
(clik pix to enlarge yall)
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »
Update. I installed the inlet thermistor. The dryer comes on when power is pressed. I set it to quick dry and hit start button and all it does is a short countdown and says clean filter. It does not start going. What could be wrong? Anyone have a dianostic guide for this Chaldean wonder?
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

DCVH515EF0WW no power

Started by donald.stark

Replies: 6
Views: 574
Last post December 15, 2013, 02:05:45 PM
by dab147315