Author Topic: KFCS22EVMS4 scratch on stainless steel  (Read 2106 times)

Offline keiths

• VIP Member
Re: KFCS22EVMS4 scratch on stainless steel
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 02:26:20 PM »
Hello,

I found this thread and have the same problem. My wife just "accidentally" used a scrubby sponge on the right fridge door of our new Kitchenaid KFCS22EVMS4 and put a big scratched area on it.  She's about  to have a heart attack but I told her to calm down, worst case we'll get a new door.  (OUCH $$$) But I see that on the Appliance parts pros site the KFCS22EVMS00 thru KFCS22EVMS3 are listed but no EVMS4. In this thread there is a link to the door for EMVS4 but it actually goes to the diagram for EVMS3.  Is this correct?  Or is there a different door for EVMS4?  I notice the doors do seem to be different (and less costly) for EVMS00-EVMS2.  Will any of those ones work too?

Also, how easy is it to replace the door?  I'm assuming I'll have to remove a bunch of stuff from the old door and install on the new door.  Any gotchas to watch out for?

Thanks in advance.

Keith

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 02:49:22 PM »
When I looked up model KFCS22EVMS4 through my local parts dealer it shows the right door panel as part number 13094724SQ

Is this correct?  Or is there a different door for EVMS4?  I notice the doors do seem to be different (and less costly) for EVMS00-EVMS2.  Will any of those ones work too?

If you go by the part number I posted above you should get the correct door. I would not chance that a different priced door from a different model number is going to work for you.

Also, how easy is it to replace the door?  I'm assuming I'll have to remove a bunch of stuff from the old door and install on the new door.

Looks like you will have to swap the door gasket and door handle. Just be careful when swapping the door handle so as not to slip with it or with the screwdriver so you don't scratch the new door too. I have seen it happen once or twice. ;)

Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline keiths

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »
thanks for the quick response!  Good tip about not scratching the door during install.  Wife scratched the first one, but if I scratch the new one there will be hell to pay.

Removing dents in a stainless steel fridge

Started by Ronyeager

Replies: 4
Views: 3430
Last post February 25, 2014, 11:22:48 AM
by JaYz
Side By Side Clean Steel Refrigerator water is not working..

Started by help with dryer

Replies: 5
Views: 3344
Last post March 16, 2010, 07:32:14 AM
by Repair-man