Forum > Washer Repair

transmission

(1/2) > >>

JPG:
HI

I replaced the xmission and the motor on this washer. The xmission came with a gasket . Do I take out the little round one and the big older gasket out, than put the new one in?????????? I think the instructions said it replaces both the older gaskets??????? I left the little round one in ?????

Everything works good , except when the customer puts in a large load of laundry than the motor just humms durning the wash cycle??????? If i remove a 1/3 of the clothes it works??? If u put to much laundry in these machines is that normal?????

Thanks for the help this web site rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!  JPG

Model s3700e4ww

whirlpooltech:
Wish I could help you out there. But I don't know much about that G.E.

Maybe one of our other techs will have some answers for you soon.

JWWebster:
Tell me how you were able to get the old transmission out and do you have pictures? Show us what you are talking about.

JPG:
Well, I took the whole tub out of the washer put it upside down and removed the legs, etc. The xmission came with a large gasket, it said the gasket would replace the other older 2 gaskets I think>>>So I replaced the big gasket and left the little round older one there.

Is it common if u over load these w/ a lot of laundry they wont agitate???  Sorry no pictures//  Jpg

JWWebster:
did you replace the agitator drive block? This mounts under the agitator. The agitator will pop off if you grab it by the neck and give it a good yank,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version