Check the thermistor. Copied from the tech sheet:
1. Unplug dryer or disconnect power.
2. Remove the toe panel to access the thermal components. See figure 15, page 10.
3. Using an ohmmeter and referring to the
wiring diagram, measure the resistance
from the red wire at the thermal cutoff to
the red wire at the heater.
➔ If the resistance is about 10 ohms, go
to step 5.
➔ If an open circuit is detected, go to
4. Visually check the wire connections to the
thermal cutoff, high limit thermostat, and
heater. If connections look good, check for
continuity across each of these
components. Replace the one that is
5. If no open circuit is detected, measure the
resistance between P2-5 (red/white wire)
and P2-6 (black wire) at the machine
➔ If 6–7 k ohms are measured, replace
the machine control electronics.
➔ If the resistance is less than 1 k ohm,
replace the thermistor.