Author Topic: Service Manual for Samsung WF-J1254  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Canuckistan

• VIP Member
Service Manual for Samsung WF-J1254
« on: October 06, 2011, 05:41:38 PM »
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and had a look through the listed service manuals that you have here for download. I must say that I'm impressed with this forum, it does have a lot of resources.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the service manual for the brand I have and was wondering if anyone here on this forum could help me out?

Samsung Front Load Washer: WF-J1254

Thank you kindly.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Service Manual for Samsung WF-J1254
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 07:10:25 PM »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Canuckistan

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 07:27:32 PM »
Fearless leader has an older front loading samsung front load washer manual.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B5If-wTgYWH5OGJmYzY3OTItN2RjYS00ZDEzLTk5YWEtMWJiNzc0YjQ2Njkx&hl=en_US

Well this is certainly very helpful. I think I might be on the right track now.

Any advice on a door that wouldn't unlock in which the user kept pulling on the door until the handle broke?

The lock light is off, but the door will still not open. I read over the manual briefly just now and disassembly requires me to be able to open the door which I can't at the moment....  Don't really want to break the handle right off the machine in case I can still use some of its components or if the fix might be needed somewhere else. Perhaps the light is off but the locking mechanism is still on.

The handle is definitely broken though as it is sticking outwards which it never did before.

Offline Canuckistan

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 07:29:11 PM »
Thanks for the link JWWebster!

:-)

Offline Canuckistan

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »
So I got the whole front off and established that the handle which is plastic (Handles shouldn't be plastic) is in fact broken. The handle normally is pulled and then releases from the latching mechanism but since its now broken won't.

I've attached some pictures here. Does anyone know how this handle latching mechanism works?

One of the pictures shows the handle from its side view and you can see a middle metal piece and two white plastic side pieces. I imagine the two plastic side pieces have to come together in the middle to release the door or further apart to release the door.

Or it could be altogether something different.

Any ideas?

The manual above is for a different model that doesn't have this type of handle and so their are no instruction on this particular piece.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Canuckistan

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 10:47:06 PM »
I circled the the part that I was referring to in my previous post. It's hard to tell because of the flash but the middle piece is metal and the 2 outside pieces are plastic, and I'm assuming part of the broken handle.

So now when I pull on the handle these two pieces don't do what they normally should do.

Offline Canuckistan

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 10:17:43 PM »
So after thanksgiving up here in Canada I decided to get back at it and as it turns out those two plastic side pieces had nothing to do with the locking mechanism at all. They are just plastic stoppers.

I figured I might as well finish this thread off in case someone else in this situation stumbles upon it, it might help them out.

So in the end I cut the middle piece from the picture that I circled above with a hand held hacksaw and put a magnet against the frame of the washing machine so that I didn't damage the face with the chaffing from the hand held saw.

Once I had the door open disassembly was obvious. Just had to unscrew all the visible screws on the inside of the door to get the broken handle out.

After all this it occurred to me that I could have probably fished some 12 gauge tie wire through and pulled the middle piece into the open position without have to cut it in half to open the door.

I didn't know how the locking mechanism worked though and didn't have an appropriate service manual to know any different and the replacement piece is under $10 anyway so no big deal. Just a heads up for the next guy.

I've included pictures and will repost here on where I got the replacement parts how much they cost and how the reassembly went.

Cheers, and happy thanksgiving to any fellow Canadians out there.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 10:24:18 PM »
I figured I might as well finish this thread off in case someone else in this situation stumbles upon it, it might help them out.

Thanks,  O0

Offline Canuckistan

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »
Oh.

And why the f@#k are companies making plastic handles?

It was a 90lb girl that broke it. Its a given that the door was locked, but a 90 lb girl shouldn't be able to break it regardless.

Not quality enough of a part in my opinion.

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 10:28:51 PM »

The same reason they make everything out of plastic.
Less expensive to make and they sell more replacement parts. :)

Offline Canuckistan

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »

The same reason they make everything out of plastic.
Less expensive to make and they sell more replacement parts. :)

:tickedoff:

So it's either because of stupidity or greed...   :( 

Anyway, I found the replacement parts here: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Samsung-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-WFJ1254XAA/1482/0153200/50033415/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

A new handle is $5 and the part I cut in half to get the door open is $8.50 so if the next guy uses tie wire to pull the latch into the open position he'll save himself the trouble of cutting the door open and $8.50  Also the pin-parall that works with the latch has been replaced with a new part according to the Sears website and cost $2.16

The part numbers are:

Latch: DC97-05111A

Handle: DC97-09760A

The pin-parall number used to be: DC64-00564A
BUT NOW HAS BEEN replaced with: 6043-001093

Apparently this was a manufacturers substitution to probably make the handle more sturdy.

Offline andy008

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 06:04:50 AM »
Thank you very much for the advice. Just saved me a call out for the repair guy. Managed to repair the handle and open the washing machine.

Thanks again!

Offline star-con

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 09:12:55 AM »
Ditto, thanks guys.

I realize this is an old thread but after thrashing with a Samsung WFJ1254 door that would not open, this thread saved me the destructive opening procedure above (or worse). I used a 3/8" hook bent into a wire coat hanger, inserted below the latch hook up, and easily pulled the latch open. A number of later Samsung models have an easier manual override for the latch, this model does not.

PS. Ironically this latch was also broken by a 100 lb girl...

ABS-L2006-001 Samsung Frontier Washer Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1683
Last post August 17, 2009, 01:01:33 PM
by AJ
16026502 Samsung Intellidial Washer Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1449
Last post August 17, 2009, 01:02:51 PM
by AJ