Author Topic: MDB6000AWA Dishwasher leaking intermittently  (Read 986 times)

Offline rego

• Technician
  • Quality Service You Can Afford
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Reges Service and Repair
MDB6000AWA Dishwasher leaking intermittently
« on: September 27, 2011, 04:38:17 AM »
Model: MDB6000AWA
Complaint: Dishwasher leak's sometimes, no pattern.
Fully expected to see a bad latch seal but opened it up to inspect and found someone had put a 3" screw when reinstalling the kickplate putting a hole in the tub as well as riping the gasket.  Installed new gasket part #902894.  Tried to put stainless screw with o-ring in hole but in such a position could not get it in.  Pulled out my 2 part epoxy I use on pool/spa leak's and packed the hole.  Letting it set overnight.  Checked the latch seal and inside of door as long as I was there and no sign's of water or damage, if I had a seal with me I would have put it on just for safe keeping.  So far it's working well no leaks.

Dishwasher Door Gasket Part # 902894

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
Re: MDB6000AWA Dishwasher leaking intermittently
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:53:42 AM »
What kind of epoxy did you use?
I have never had any luck trying to epoxy holes in dishwasher or washing machine tubs.
Seems on most of them sooner or later the epoxy works loose and they leak again.
I do believe I get the area clean before I use the epoxy so I don't know if I just have not found the right epoxy to use yet or what.

I have not tried to epoxy any for years now because I hate taking the chance on getting a call back. If they want a hole in a tub fixed I price out a new tub for them. I end up with more money in my pocket for the repair and I don't have to worry about call backs months later.

Offline rego

• Technician
  • Quality Service You Can Afford
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Reges Service and Repair
Re: MDB6000AWA Dishwasher leaking intermittently
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 12:29:31 PM »
I'll have to check what kind I use.  I pick it up at my local pool supplier.  It come's in two cylinder's one white one blue and you cut what you need off evenly then need together.  I am so far down in the cylinder's I can't read the name but will get back to you next time I'm at the pool place.  It claims it works under water but have had no success with that but on dry clean surface has worked well for year's.  Although I have never tried it on a dishwasher this should be interesting. 

I did explain to the customer this was an experimentation and could not garauntee the fix or longevity but she wanted to try.

I have been eyeing a product out there for spa shell repair's but have not tried it it's www.plast-aid.com would love to hear if anyone has used it.

Leaking at the base of dishwasher!

Started by cswake

Replies: 13
Views: 7800
Last post December 14, 2007, 05:16:16 PM
by AJ
Frigidaire Dishwasher Leaking

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 4755
Last post April 13, 2008, 04:38:22 PM
by TechnicianBrian
GE dishwasher won't fill (intermittently)

Started by g3_ultra

Replies: 4
Views: 3629
Last post May 28, 2008, 05:33:00 AM
by apprich
Hotpoint Dishwasher Leaking

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 2463
Last post June 17, 2008, 07:13:27 AM
by TechnicianBrian
Frigidaire Dishwasher Leaking from the Door