Author Topic: kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry  (Read 1940 times)

Offline dcdang

  • VIP Member
  • Member Since: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: ca
kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry
« on: September 24, 2011, 09:00:46 PM »
I have the same problem as the OP on his machine, except mine is 110.42832.200.  The problem started about 2 months ago.

It appears that the machine doesn't go into a full spin speed due to unbalanced loads, or because it's more "sensitive to unbalanced loads."  So, I have tried a couple tests to verify my assumptions. 

Took the front access panel off, tried stabilizing the external drum during the initial spin-up sequence.  I was able to induce the machine to go into full spin about 75% of the time.  The other 25% the machine will immediately cut out of spin-up and rebalance the load.

I suspect that the shock absorbers (4) on the machine has packed it in, (There's a sheen of oil on the absorber shaft themselves) or the springs suspending the external drum as stretched enough to render it unfit for service.

Looking up the costs, these 4 absorbers will be about $100+shipping.  Don't know if I actually will need the springs too.  That'll be more for sure.

Don't know if anyone else has looked into this further?  Does the above make sense?  Is there an "unbalanced load sensor" in these models?

Offline whirlpooltech

  • Technician
  • Member Since: Nov 2007
  • Posts: 1367
  • Country: us
  • 20 years of experience
Re: kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »
Did you check the pump to see if there was anything caught in the trap?

Offline dcdang

  • VIP Member
  • Member Since: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: ca
Re: kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 11:22:31 PM »
Yes, pulled the pump filter, clean, no significant amount of residual water either.  Pump works excellent, lots of volume, clears the tub in no time, and the machine starts to spin up at the time that the tub is about drained.

Given that the machine is about 10 years old, the only thing that I have put into it was a front bellow about 5-6 years ago, I think I have been lucky.  Just deciding if it's worth it to repair or just buy another one new.

Any further thoughts?  Thanks for your insights!!!

 

kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry

Started by monki

Replies: 14
Views: 11030
Last post April 02, 2012, 10:48:48 AM
by JWWebster
Kenmore Frigidaire front load washer - No Spin

Started by jpn43

Replies: 8
Views: 6469
Last post September 01, 2009, 08:52:36 AM
by JWWebster
Kenmore Front Load Washer Won't Spin

Started by lilpig

Replies: 1
Views: 5286
Last post December 21, 2009, 11:39:04 AM
by Repair-man
Kenmore front load washer does not change cycles/spin

Started by fleetion

Replies: 10
Views: 5428
Last post March 29, 2010, 05:39:44 PM
by JWWebster
Frigidaire front load washer wont spin cycle

Started by Scott7m

Replies: 10
Views: 6340
Last post May 17, 2010, 07:58:24 AM
by Repair-man
kenmore elite front load washer

Started by jab4558

Replies: 11
Views: 809
Last post May 01, 2014, 08:27:05 PM
by niobrara