I have a Whirlpool Duet Washer, model number GHW9100LW1
. The last time I tried to use the washer it stopped just as the cycle started (locked, started filling then stopped). A few things I've found...
1. There is no response on the front panel (lights, beeps, etc.).
2. There is a "click" from the CCU
but it will click intermittently when left plugged in (like it's turning on the solenoid and then it's going off).
3. There is power running up to the CCU
4. I checked all of the connections to the CCU
and door lock.
5. I opened up the front panel of the unit and found...
a. A kinked/cut wire on the ribbon cable.
b. A black spot from where a wire grounded against the metal on the panel.
c. A few wires that were darkened (but not melted altogether).
d. There was a spot of the back of the board where it obviously got nice and hot (black, melted solder, etc.).
I replaced the user interface since there was obviously a major problem in the unit. Once everything was back together, there's still no power/response on the front controls.
I'm thinking I had the user interface
AND the CCU
go out at the same time but I'm open for any suggestions.
Thanks, in advance, for your help.