Author Topic: Kenmore Oasis Dryer GAS  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Kenmore Oasis Dryer GAS
« on: September 14, 2011, 07:54:23 AM »
Need some help. I have a Gas Kenmore OASIS Dryer that is having issues. When machine is plugged in it won't start. Power button is pushed it lights up but when I hit start button I hear a click.........No nothing after that it won't turn on. I went into diagnostic mode and it reads Error "A9". Does this mean the POWER CONTROL BOARD is bad or I've read there are relays that may need to be replaced. If the board needs to be replaced I see there are two boards. 1 control board on center console of the console and 1 that is located on the back right of the console where all the wires get plugged in. Has anyone had any experience with this that could help. Thank You

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
Re: Kenmore Oasis Dryer GAS
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 07:58:58 AM »
Hi,

Posting the full model number from the model/serial number tag that is located on the dryer would be helpful.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 08:09:58 AM »
Sorry, Kenmore OASIS Model # 110.77072600

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 09:09:45 AM »
I bet you have the same problem as seen last week. The lint builds up in the filter housing on these. With everthing dead that tells me to hunt for a duct fuse and do some cleaning before investing in any controls.

May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 07:43:16 AM »
Thank you for the pictures. Unfortunately the pictures you sent me regarding the lint build up was MILD to what I was about to witness. (Customer's Dryer). It's a good thing no flame or spark was near the dryer before I caught it in time. God only knows what would have happened if this thing caught a spark or flame. Dryer was packed with lint !!! Dryer Belt was intact but completely off the pulley causing the dryer safety switch to trip (due to falling off the idler pulley). Belt was shredded but still in once piece. Did a complete overhaul, new rollers, oiled motor, bearings and ordered a new TUB Drive Belt (unfortunately it's Backordered from 2 suppliers). I will replace once it comes in. I also noticed inside the cabinet RUST Starting to form, to the life of me I do not know why the manufacturer does not paint the entire cabinet inside and out. Everywhere the cabinet was missing paint large rust spots starting forming so I decided to strip the whole cabinet and repaint with Appliance Epoxy Paint inside and out (I should have taken pictures first) before I started. I totally striped the dryer removed everything from the cabinet and gave it a complete overhaul removing everything Drum, Lint Vents, Baffles and the works. Replaced everything that was removed once the Epoxy paint dried and reinstalled ALL components of the Dryer, reassembled the Dryer completely and now everything is PURRING LIKE A KITTEN! Thank You JW
Now I know what caused the no power and the A9 Error Code on the console! YOU THE MAN! O0

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 12:52:21 PM »
Way to get her done. Thanks for the update!
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Intermittent "F-45" on our Kenmore Oasis Canyon M67086 Dryer

Started by fjpoblam

Replies: 6
Views: 1396
Last post January 09, 2012, 12:30:39 AM
by LowSL2
oasis kenmore dryer 110.7732600

Started by pallanesfour

Replies: 7
Views: 959
Last post January 26, 2012, 08:10:52 PM