I read this info about repairing a broken heating element using a crimp type connector. In a pinch it may last a while but it is risky. The material in usually nichrome wire , brittle after years of use, and repairing it using a crimped connector may cause a short and sparks before it trips a breaker or causes a t-stat to trip off. I have been working on dryers the last several years and it amazes me how much lint accumulates in the lower section. All that lint and a spark are all that is needed to start a fire.