Author Topic: Mezzo Dishwasher  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Didvid.s

• VIP Member
Mezzo Dishwasher
« on: August 17, 2011, 02:04:18 AM »
I live in a rental and it includes a couple of appliances.

The dishwasher has never worked and I would like to try and repair it myself.

The dishwasher appears to have some water in it and I assume there's some sort of blockage somewhere.

My main problem is that I have no idea how to access the inside of the machine. The machine is built into the countertop and the front panel doesn't appear to be removable.

Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Model MDW012

Offline Didvid.s

• VIP Member
Re: Mezzo Dishwasher
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:08:28 AM »
Didn't bother to mention the symptoms.

The power comes on. Then nothing happens. Doesn't drain, doesn't wash, is still full of water.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »
Just did a WALKABOUT looking for info on spares or service brochures on your DW mate. Ain't had no luck at all in the service manual department. Thought I might post the link and see if anyone else has ever came across one of these beasts. From what you describe shes dead in the water and it is high tide inside. That means the water valve did fill the machine. AND the water overflow switch is working all propah. I would say that the door switch also is fine because it did fill. I am guessing you have a klixon that heats the water after fill and then transfers power to the motor after the water reaches around 160f (hot coffee) don't know what it is in celsius. If that turns out to be ok I would check if the heating element is ok after all we want to sanitize them dishes and we caint do it if the water temp ain't right. If the heater is fine I would suspect the motor start capacitor or something is jammed in the pump. Never even seen one or heard of one till now. Hate to work on em.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:06:47 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Didvid.s

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 12:14:28 AM »
I should clarify, the machine is doing nothing at all. It turns on, lights up, but does not initiate cycle. When I stick my head in the machine, I can see that there is still some water in the drainage outlet.

I did manage to get the unit out of its cavity, however it appears that there is no 'back panel' of sorts, and no way of getting into the machine without taking it to pieces completely.

Maybe I will do this one day, and let you all know how it goes. 

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 09:11:13 AM »
Appreciate that. Take some photos of your autopsy. Always love to see different stuff. Sometimes posting photos helps diagnose the problem.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Whirlpool Dishwasher GU1200XTLQ1 Dead, clean light blinks.

Started by barb

Replies: 2
Views: 6973
Last post August 11, 2007, 08:05:47 AM
by barb
Whirlpool dishwasher manual

Started by naes

Replies: 15
Views: 17832
Last post August 06, 2007, 05:26:57 PM
by AJ
Video: Whirlpool Dishwasher - Check for foreign objects in food chopper.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 20624
Last post August 08, 2007, 12:43:21 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Dishwasher Model GU940SCGB3 Door Leak

Started by JimKaran

Replies: 10
Views: 12891
Last post September 13, 2007, 11:39:39 AM
by AJ
Dead whirlpool dishwasher