Author Topic: Chemical reaction on plastic casing  (Read 2045 times)

Offline dave@orion

• VIP Member
Chemical reaction on plastic casing
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:55:51 AM »
hi... i have an unusual problem. came across a printing outlet that has 4 LG 24000 Btu split wall aircons. the aircons are just an year old, and has cracks in the drip tray's and even in the main plastic frame.it keeps dripping in several places. the plastic casing is not brittle, but just keeps cracking where the slightest pressure is applied.apart from paint and general stuff used for printing they also use a ROYSE refrigeration circulating unit that uses alcohol. has anyone encountered a problem as this , or any idea whats causing the damage. and if its just the chemicals , is there any special coating to prevent further damage.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Chemical reaction on plastic casing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 07:15:26 PM »
There is a asphalt based rubberized spray called "Pan Patch" that is used for these repairs.
It works.
I use it on secondary drain pans,ice machine water troughs and any other product that needs water leak sealing. You may have to shut the unit down and clean the area thoroughly,apply the spray,let it dry and apply a 2nd and or 3rd coat. If you don't like the black color after applying you can overcoat with a colored paint.
Take a Kid fishing.