Author Topic: lg dryer wont tumble  (Read 6484 times)

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Re: lg dryer wont tumble
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 03:41:34 PM »
Actually, it's the tabs that the spring hold onto that's broken as it is shown in the picture above.  Spring is probably lost in the mess inside the dryer.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 04:39:04 PM »
Yes I see the broken part now thanks.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline fcat57

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »
Hello! Well I got the motor and I'm going to attempt to replace it today. I'm frkn watching the video first for belt and drum removal. I'm hoping it goes easy. Should I move it to a bigger workspace, unless I hear different I'm just going to attempt at its location.
Off topic but kudos to this site for my maytag fridge, my son's obsession with crushed ice wore out the ice dispenser flap. I replaced it with help from this site after my three failed attempts and getting shocked twice. No worries the dryer will be completely unplugged and disconnected from gas.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
Take some pix as you remove stuff to refer back to later if need be. Post some pictures of your repair so that everyone will see how it is done. If you get in a jam post a picture of it. One of us will know the trick.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline fcat57

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 02:27:21 PM »
Well I have photos and I found the spring! $118 for a broken spring? Is that just wear and tear or symptom of other problems? Anyway, I'm stuck as I'm either doing it wrong or am just not strong enough to remove the stupid bolt from the blower housing. I'm trying to hold the fan blades still so it won't spin but I fear of breaking yet another part. Is it just a torque issue for me or is there an easier way. Want to hopefully have it working before husband comes home so I can say I did it all by myself!

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 07:10:32 AM »
The blower wheel nut is the hardest part to remove.  You have to place a wrench on the pulley side to hold the motor from turning.  Then with a 10mm socket on the blower wheel nut, remove the nut on the blower wheel. 

NOTE!!!!  This nut has reverse threads so you must turn in the direction as if you were going to tighten the nut to loosen it.

Since you found the spring on the old motor, you wouldn't have been able to reattach it to the motor because one of the tabs that holds the spring is broken off. 
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

LG gas dryer wont heat

Started by berniet

Replies: 16
Views: 15279
Last post February 14, 2008, 03:56:13 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
Kenmore 70 series electric dryer...wont heat

Started by lalakelley

Replies: 53