Author Topic: Maytag neptune washer wont spin  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Steve a

• VIP Member
Maytag neptune washer wont spin
« on: August 24, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »
Washer does everything fine except once in awhile it gets to the spin cycle and shuts off

Model MLG2000AWW

Offline Steve a

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag neptune washer wont spin
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:48:33 PM »
Sorry just talked to the wife and she says the washer shuts it self off right away no matter what the dail is set on it was doing when it would get to the spin cycle any help would be appreciated thanks

Online AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:12:53 PM »
How quick is right away, do you hear it try to fill with water at all?

You can download a copy of the service manual at this URL.

http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=23

Offline Steve a

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »
I just started the machine it started working for a couple min then quit i turned the dail to the first rinse #1 pushed the start button and it started working ran until the knob got to the second rinse #2 and quit again just tried to move the knob a little bit pushed start nothing turned knob several different places nothing

Online AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 08:44:33 PM »
Maybe a problem with the motor and/or motor control board. At 3-1 in the service manual I linked to above that is a troubleshooting guide.

Read through the guide and follow the steps, let us know what you find after following the troubleshooting guide.

btw: someone reported that service manual as 'broken' but I just checked it and was able to download it just fine.

Offline Steve a

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »
I read the trouble shooting section you talked about dont have the meters to check the machine. I ran the washer without anything in it and it worked fine, then i put a small load in and it shut off at the first cycle. I looked at the trouble shooting again and i think the balance switch or spring might be messed up i have the back off the washer and watched the pulley spin when the machine was empty and it ran smooth (balanced) when the load was in it wobbled and then shut off do you have any thoughts are advice about this thanks

Offline Ironhorse

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »
Balance circuit errors will cause the unit not to spin, but it will wash the complete cycle and advance till the off position with out spinning.  If your unit is running for 5 minutes or so without shutting off, then the motor circuit is probably good.  The most common thing to get these units to shut off is low water.  It is designed to monitor the pressure switch, if it does not see it satisfied, the unit shuts off.  You can hit start, that resets the magical 5 minute mark and allows it to go.  This comes into play at every fill.  Check to make sure your cold water is on all the way and remove the hoses and clean the screens at both ends.  Rinse cycle is straight cold regardless of what you select (board must see all the fills of the cycles to provide a warm rinse, you can not cheat it.  Also, only last rinse is warm.)  Since you seem to be having most of your issues on the rinse, I bet you find the screens clogged with debris.

Maytag Neptune Washer - No Spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 6
Views: 4679
Last post February 20, 2008, 12:41:13 PM
by AJ
Maytag Neptune Washer - LR on display and no spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 3935
Last post May 05, 2008, 07:00:37 PM
by AJ