Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Replaced DishW MTR/pump assembly. Now no water

(1/2) > >>

Bill1015:
Just replaced pump/mtr assembly on a kenmore diswasher.  Now I am not getting water into the machine.  That was not a problem before the replace.  Any thoughts on what I may have loused up, what the problem is and how to fix?  Thanks, Bill

Model 665.16462300

AJ:
Hi,

Check the float inside the tub. Lift it up and down to make sure it moves freely.

Also check to make sure the wires to the water valve are still plugged in.

Did you remove this dishwasher from under the counter to replace the pump assembly?

Bill1015:
AJ, Previous reply does not seem to have posted.  Many Thanks.  Did remove the machine from the enclosure.  Found it just about impossible to work "upside down," remove connectors, identify parts, etc. Also, found it really difficult to get the assembly centered; it always tilted to one side.  Very careful when removing, installing, laying on back.  Was there something else I could have done because the machine was removed from under the counter.

thanks again,
Bill

AJ:

--- Quote ---Was there something else I could have done because the machine was removed from under the counter.
--- End quote ---

I was just curious how you went about it.

What have you checked so far?

It does everything but fill with water?
The motor runs? The drain pump runs?

BrntToast:
i've had that assembly do the same thing, when you push down one side the other pops up... my trick is a wee bit of dish soap on the new gasket(helps it side in easier)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version