Author Topic: SAMSUNG. Help please. My freezer is not working well  (Read 9325 times)

Offline ronnyruiz

• VIP Member
SAMSUNG. Help please. My freezer is not working well
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:33:23 PM »
Hello. I have a big problem with a Samsung refrigerator. I do not know what to do. My freezer is not working well. No freezes as it should. The right side works perfectly. The refrigerator has two evaporators, but my problem is with the freezer. The refrigerator has a digital control panel on the left door panel where you can adjust the temperature. The number indicating the temperature flashes constantly, as indicating a problem.
And yes, I have a big problem. The freezer does not freeze as it should. I removed everything to see the evaporator was normal, with some frost, but all good. The problem is I do not feel the cold as it should. My foods are not frozen. The temperature is set to 0, but does not feel cold. I do not think the filter is clogged, because the evaporator is filled with frost. It changes your computer is on the back and the problem continues. What could be happening? ... Will the temperature sensors? The termostasto?, Which may be the problem?.

Model RS2533SW

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Re: SAMSUNG. Help please. My freezer is not working well
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 10:57:48 PM »
Need you to do a diagnostic test to see what's wrong.  Put everything back together and pull the plug from the outlet to reset the computer.  After 3 minutes, plug unit back in and wait for display to flash again.  When they flash, I want you to push and hold the "Power Freeze" and "Power Cool" buttons together for 8 seconds.  The display will go blank.  On the number display, if any errors come up, it will light up a certain part of the number.  Attached is a diagram of what the errors represent.  Let us know what displays and it will help us identify the problem.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline ronnyruiz

• VIP Member
Re: SAMSUNG. Help please. My freezer is not working well
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »
For wildimaginations

Ok. I'll do that. Yesterday after opening, with a steamer clean the evaporator and the freezer is working. When you re-flash will do the test to know what is wrong. Thank you very much for your advice.

PDTA: It seems strange that the error disappears when turned off and back on the refrigerator. Yesterday before cleaning the evaporator, the refrigerator turned off to see some things and when I returned to light, the temperature was 65 and never blinked. The side of the food, if you check the temperature of 37, the same temperature 5 minutes before shutting down. Change the Frezer if shot at 65, when it was originally at -2

GE Monogram Bottom Freezer Defrost Not Working

Started by NYME

Replies: 3
Views: 3182
Last post July 07, 2009, 07:39:28 PM
by JWWebster
rb193kasw samsung bottom freezer model (freezer fan not coming on)

Started by halfblack

Replies: 12
Views: 5074
Last post April 10, 2010, 06:05:57 PM
by JWWebster
Samsung Fridge S/S Stoped Working,Blinking Bar on control Panel

Started by kimosabey01

Replies: 1
Views: 2972
Last post July 09, 2010, 03:44:10 PM
by JWWebster
GE side by side - Freezer stops working - Doesnt happen all of the time.

Started by bobrien74834

Replies: 2
Views: 2092
Last post March 26, 2011, 02:36:16 PM
by schaffersapplian
Samsung Bottom-Mounted Freezer Refrigerator Repair Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1243
Last post October 06, 2011, 10:07:57 PM
by AJ
SAMSUNG RS21HD side by side freezer temp swing range?

Started by ting

Replies: 4
Views: 930
Last post January 26, 2012, 03:58:34 AM
by RegUS_PatOff