Author Topic: f-3  (Read 881 times)

Offline JPG

• VIP Member
f-3
« on: August 12, 2011, 02:15:08 PM »
HI   this oven has an f-3 door locks than goes directly to broil, have to unplug to turn off.???? what is f-3?    tks   jpg

Model RBS305PDB14

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: f-3
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 03:25:10 PM »
F-3 has to do with the oven sensor number 29
If the sensor is open, or shorted or does not read 1100 ohms at room temp it is defective.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:28:20 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JPG

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 03:39:38 PM »
ok its exactly a f3e2  (over 575 deg.  is what the code means), is this probably a bad control???  the oven door locks and goes strait to broil?????  tks again  jpg

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:28 PM »
The control don't know what the temp is inside the oven. The probe called a sensor is responsible for that department. It has properties in it that change in resistance as tempts change. If it goes out then the control don't know what the temp is and declares an error. F-3 is pretty standard for a bad sensor in most American ovens.

According to the tech sheet on this puppy the temps exceeded 575f in cook mode.
The recommendation is to check the sensor connection and check it to read 1080 ohms at room temp. If the sensor ain't shorted and is in spec then yall probably have a stuck relay on the control board.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:03:10 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL