Author Topic: GE Water leaking  (Read 1487 times)

Offline QUEENIE2

• VIP Member
GE Water leaking
« on: July 10, 2011, 12:48:50 PM »
GE TOP/BOTTOM 20 YR OLD FRIDGE TBXW19Z.......... Water is accumulating on the inside of the fresh food door...the part of the door where the  adjustable bins attach ....the bins are not leaking, it's the underside of the molded plastic piece where the bins attach onto the door. Any idea why?
 I just replaced the door gaskets and cleaned out the drain line in the back.
 There is water in the drain pan at the lower back of the fridge.  Is that normal??  if yes, how much water should there be?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
 :'(

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: GE Water leaking
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 01:14:19 PM »
You might need to go inside the evap section and get whatever is clogging the drain
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline QUEENIE2

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »
You might need to go inside the evap section and get whatever is clogging the drain

hello AJ,  :)  where exactly is the evap section?  can you please be more specific.......is it near the fan in the drip pan?? As you can tell, I am a novice  :2funny:

thank you for your help kind sir

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 04:51:02 PM »
The ice box has 2 sections to do the cooling job. The outside coils which are called condensers. The inside coils which are called evaporators. The condensing coils cool off the freon and return it to a liquid. When it is again a liquid it is hustled through a tiny cap tube inside the evaporation section where is picks up the heat inside the ice box and moves it outside to the condenser. Picture a can of deodorant. Spray it out and it feels cool to the touch. That is the way it feels when it is entering the the evaporator.
 Inside the freezer compartment is them evaporator coils. Underneath em is a heater (on defrosting models) with a companion terminator which kills the power to the heater after temps inside the evap section get warm enough to melt frost (50f is the norm).
If the terminator thermostat is open or the heater itself is bad then the heater won't come on. The ice box will go into defrost ok but only time will affect the melting, no heat will be added. over a period of weeks ice begins to form. Your problem is diff in that the ice box is defrosting but the liquid from the defrost action ain't draining like it should. Their is a couple of things to check. Is it being blocked by a wrapper or ice? if ice then a simple remedy is to add a small wire down the hole from the heater to transfer a little heat down the hole and keep it open.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 05:07:03 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline QUEENIE2

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
JW :)
Thank you for your time and the explanation......I appreciate it  O0

Kenmore Refrigerator Leaking Water

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 3
Views: 3851
Last post April 24, 2008, 11:06:29 AM
by JWWebster
Kitchenaid Refrigerator Leaking Water Dispenser.

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 1
Views: 14334
Last post February 01, 2011, 07:00:04 AM
by jumptrout51
Water inlet to ice maker leaking

Started by wakkoguy

Replies: 6
Views: 3330
Last post February 05, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
by BrntToast
Water Leaking Problem from Fridge