Author Topic: LG washer displaying OE code  (Read 28942 times)

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: LG washer displaying OE code
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 06:31:28 PM »
I have exactly the same problem, and I have performed exactly the same trouble shooting tests.

This is what happens additionally for me, I hear the machine makes a noise, but nothing happens, i.e. it does not drain. If I then open the coin trap so that water is drained from there, eventually the pump starts to pump out water with good speed.

So, it is not clear to me that the pump should be the problem, since when it runs, it runs very nice..

Any other idea? If the original poster would post if a pump change indeed helped, it would be very appreciated.
You may have something stuck inside the Tub to Pump Filter Hose, remove coin trap (aka Pump Filter) and use a flashlight to look inside the end of the filter housing.
If you have a Wet/Dry Shop Vac then you could insert the shop vac hose into the pump filter housing to see if it will remove any debris.

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 12:03:38 AM »
Model/Serial Numbers?

Offline bubs

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 03:55:46 PM »
I too have the same problems. Sometimes I can do the rinse cycle fine but seems every time I throw clothes in (even if just for rinse cycle) I get 0E. I drain out the water using the shopvac via main drain hose or use the vac on the little drain hose on the front and then it continues. The successful rinse cycles drains the water fast. Ours too makes that low hum noise the times it wants to drain but does not (around the 13-15 minute mark). Last week I was able to do 3 loads of wash but now it is giving 0E pretty consistent when clothes are in it.

WM2801HLA

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 08:06:48 PM »
I too have the same problems. Sometimes I can do the rinse cycle fine but seems every time I throw clothes in (even if just for rinse cycle) I get 0E. I drain out the water using the shopvac via main drain hose or use the vac on the little drain hose on the front and then it continues. The successful rinse cycles drains the water fast. Ours too makes that low hum noise the times it wants to drain but does not (around the 13-15 minute mark). Last week I was able to do 3 loads of wash but now it is giving 0E pretty consistent when clothes are in it.

WM2801HLA
Drain water then remove the Pump Filter (aka Coin Trap) and use the ShopVac to remove any debris from the Tub to Pump Hose (this hose attaches to other end of pump filter housing).
Let us know if it resolves your drain issue.
Maybe an LG Tech has the Service Repair Manual (P/N MFL30599128) to assist you with disassembly and troubleshooting.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:24:48 PM by rockinrobin »

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 09:21:39 PM »
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline Johan

• VIP Member
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 09:34:15 AM »
Thanks a lot for the guide!!

I checked with a flashlight and it was very clean, although it smells awful.. I also used a vacuum cleaner to try to get out something stucking there but nothing came off.

If works about 50% of the times, and if I just continue the program when the display say OE it works about 50% of the times (rough guessing).

I will for sure use the guide to check step by step, and I will post the results. It will take some time though since I need to take the machine outdoors due to small space.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:35:53 AM by Johan »

Offline Risen

• Technician
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »
Take the drain hose and place it in a bucket to test your drain flow. I'd you have good flow either the drain is blocked or your drain hose is in to far. If your problem is still there use a volt meter to see if the voltage is going to the pump and it just isn't starting or If have a voltage problem from the main. Most likely it will be either a bad drain pump or a drainage problem

Offline Risen

• Technician
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:54 AM »

I checked with a flashlight and it was very clean, although it smells awful.. I also used a vacuum cleaner to try to get out something stucking there but nothing came off.

If works about 50% of the times, and if I just continue the program when the display say OE it works about 50% of the times (rough guessing).

I will for sure use the guide to check step by step, and I will post the results. It will take some time though since I need to take the machine outdoors due to small space.
Your Smell Is From Not Running Your Tub clean. Go get some afresh tub clean and use all three tablets on tub clean or a basic wash no cloths. Or use two cups of white vinager.

Offline Johan

• VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 01:20:35 PM »

Your Smell Is From Not Running Your Tub clean. Go get some afresh tub clean and use all three tablets on tub clean or a basic wash no cloths. Or use two cups of white vinager.

The thing is either it drains full speed, or not at all, never slowly. Until I repair it I use my water-resistant vacuum cleaner to drain about 1-2liter, then the pump starts and does the job for itself. It is like it does not start because it is too much water, but that does not make sense.

Offline Johan

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »

The thing is either it drains full speed, or not at all, never slowly. Until I repair it I use my water-resistant vacuum cleaner to drain about 1-2liter, then the pump starts and does the job for itself. It is like it does not start because it is too much water, but that does not make sense.

I did try empty was first, then I took the drain tube out and cleaned it with the garden water tube, and I have also used some dedicated cleaning, twice. The smell is gone now, but thanks anyway.

Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 14813
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Kitchenaid Washer F11 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 5915
Last post March 23, 2008, 07:06:27 AM
by TechnicianBrian
Maytag Washer F01 Error Code