Author Topic: LG washer displaying OE code  (Read 25866 times)

Offline Johan

• VIP Member
Re: LG washer displaying OE code
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 09:34:15 AM »
Thanks a lot for the guide!!

I checked with a flashlight and it was very clean, although it smells awful.. I also used a vacuum cleaner to try to get out something stucking there but nothing came off.

If works about 50% of the times, and if I just continue the program when the display say OE it works about 50% of the times (rough guessing).

I will for sure use the guide to check step by step, and I will post the results. It will take some time though since I need to take the machine outdoors due to small space.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:35:53 AM by Johan »

Offline Risen

• Technician
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »
Take the drain hose and place it in a bucket to test your drain flow. I'd you have good flow either the drain is blocked or your drain hose is in to far. If your problem is still there use a volt meter to see if the voltage is going to the pump and it just isn't starting or If have a voltage problem from the main. Most likely it will be either a bad drain pump or a drainage problem

Offline Risen

• Technician
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:54 AM »

I checked with a flashlight and it was very clean, although it smells awful.. I also used a vacuum cleaner to try to get out something stucking there but nothing came off.

If works about 50% of the times, and if I just continue the program when the display say OE it works about 50% of the times (rough guessing).

I will for sure use the guide to check step by step, and I will post the results. It will take some time though since I need to take the machine outdoors due to small space.
Your Smell Is From Not Running Your Tub clean. Go get some afresh tub clean and use all three tablets on tub clean or a basic wash no cloths. Or use two cups of white vinager.

Offline Johan

• VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 01:20:35 PM »

Your Smell Is From Not Running Your Tub clean. Go get some afresh tub clean and use all three tablets on tub clean or a basic wash no cloths. Or use two cups of white vinager.

The thing is either it drains full speed, or not at all, never slowly. Until I repair it I use my water-resistant vacuum cleaner to drain about 1-2liter, then the pump starts and does the job for itself. It is like it does not start because it is too much water, but that does not make sense.

Offline Johan

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »

The thing is either it drains full speed, or not at all, never slowly. Until I repair it I use my water-resistant vacuum cleaner to drain about 1-2liter, then the pump starts and does the job for itself. It is like it does not start because it is too much water, but that does not make sense.

I did try empty was first, then I took the drain tube out and cleaned it with the garden water tube, and I have also used some dedicated cleaning, twice. The smell is gone now, but thanks anyway.

Offline airbendr

• Technician
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 10:34:38 PM »
Be sure there is no confusion between drain pump and circulating pump, somewhat hidden and NOT obvious  :D
that one got me for about 15 minutes  :embarassed:

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 11:36:16 PM »

Need the Model# (located on Dispenser Drawer) to be sure the Repair Manual posted by AJ is the correct one for your washer.
The drain hose should be less than 4 inches inside the wall drain port (use a tie strap to hold drain hose to the Hot/Cold Hose) since it can cause a siphoning effect (won't drain).
When it won't drain, check the LED Light on Main Power Control Board to be sure it's ON when running the Drain/Spin (or Spin Only) Cycle.  If light isn't ON then possibly the Main Board is bad.
When it's suppose to drain but doesn't, see if your getting AC Voltage at the Drain Pump.
You can buy a Digital Multimeter for testing from the Hardware Store for $10-20 (unless you already have one).

Offline leithouse

• VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 08:33:26 PM »
I am a technician that repairs laundry equipment only.
Last week I replaced 3 LG drain pumps. If the machine is over 5 yrs. old suspect the pump first.
When you power up the washer hold the spin button a few seconds and you should hear the pump come on.
If you hear a rumbling sound it's probably the drain pump. Often the impeller will become loose or even break off of the motor. It may even drain the water out but that doesn't always mean the pump is good.
It is possible for an object to get lodged (coins, bobby pins, etc.) in either pump. Some LG's have 2 pumps, one to drain and one to recirculate. The drain pump is always on the left as you face the front of the washer. 90% of the time it's the drain pump.   

Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 14097
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Kitchenaid Washer F11 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 5460
Last post March 23, 2008, 07:06:27 AM
by TechnicianBrian
Maytag Washer F01 Error Code