Forum > Chit Chat

Pressure Vacuum Breaker Repair (backflow preventer) Repair & Plumbing

(1/1)

stevepitts:
Does ApplianeJunk deal with PVB's (backflow preventer) and plumbing? 

My sprinkler system plumbing froze up last winter. 2 copper pipes burst (one in PVB inlet and one on outlet side).

Does ApplianeJunk deal with PVB's and plumbing?  I do like your site.  I have used to fix my Dryer at least twice and my silly maytag Dishwasher.  steve

Has anyone used the Sharkbite connectors for plumbing?  6/25 Saturday

tgoods:
Sharkbites are great for do-it-yourselfers and makes plumbing easy.  Only problem is they cost about 10 times as much as the equivalent sweat fitting.  I use them when I can't get the water shut off completely and the constant drip keeps me from sweating on a fitting.  You might consider replacing your PVB too, since it obviously froze and it keeps the lawn water from backing up into your drinking water.

stevepitts:
Thanks, I do have a 1" Buckner 24201 PVB.  Pulled it off wall cuz left inlet pipe split.  Soldering  is not my favorite thing. I did reheat my one joint, seems ok now. Need to see if I can buy a replacement Poppette.  Mine is busted. :+( SO, do I try a sharkbite and avoid soldering? I will let you know. steve

stevepitts:
Well - good and bad. Got the 1" sharkbite; except they don't release.  I have the SB slip type fitting.  Yes I should have been more careful.  Mentally, think "these really only go one way, IN."  My 1" will not release.  Guess I will call the plumber after all.  THEY DONT release with the orange clip.

AJ:

--- Quote from: stevepitts on June 25, 2011, 09:12:24 AM --- I do like your site.  I have used to fix my Dryer at least twice and my silly maytag Dishwasher.  steve

--- End quote ---

Glad to hear that you have found our site helpful. Would be great if you could post a review at this link.

http://www.alexa.com/reviews/appliancejunk.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version