Author Topic: Frontload Frigidaire Washer sometimes will not aggitate on different cycles...  (Read 2182 times)

Offline WSTEEN

• VIP Member
Hi, This problem has been going on for sometime now and I have found a way around the issue but it is annoying and uses too much detergent. There are times where the washer will not start agitating the load after it has filled with water. The washer just sits and counts down slower than the time. I have done some web searching and found that it could be the connection between the control board and the motor control board. The connection is fine, there are no loose wires. The error code that comes up on the washer is E5E and that tells me it could be that connection. Before I go and spend money on repair costs or money on a computer board that is not needed; Is there any other ways to check for problems with the washer? The way around the issue for me is to cancel the cycle and put the washer into spin. Wait till it is done and put more detergent back in and put the washer into quick cycle. Putting it into any other cycle just repeats the problem. Thank you, William

Model ATF6000ES1

Offline niobrara

• Technician
You might try unplugging your motor control connections and plugging them back on a few times,also get some electrical cleaner and spray the motor control connections and wire connecters plug the connection in wet to the motor control,use a good cleaner designed for electrical connections.

Offline WSTEEN

• VIP Member
The problem occurred today again. I put the washer on Quick and it didn't start agitating just dumped water into the drum. I then cancelled the cycle and started a new quick cycle but instead of warm/cold setting i changed it to cold/cold. It dumped more water into the drum and started working. This machine has to be possessed!!! 

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
That could be corrosion in the door switch also. Page 68 Shows test 11. Verify wiring is good and go ahead and replace control board if that don't fix it replace the speed control board if that don't fix it try this guys solution:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:31:00 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline WSTEEN

• VIP Member
UPDATE:
          I checked out the speed board in the back of the washer and found a loose plug that had green and black wires to it.  I opened the control box up and made sure that the other plugs were tight as well. They are like the plugs in a computer the plug onto the motherboard. While I had the back opened, I pulled the filter out and found underwire and bobbie pins along with 78 cents. There is not much room to maneuver under the tube of the washer and getting the hose clamp back on tightly was a bear. Some not so nice words were muttered. This is not the first time that I have opened the washer up. The door lock mechanism has been replaced before. With a front load washer the smell coming from it can be overbearing and leaving the washer door open to dry out the tube once awhile helps but... with a door too close to the washer the washer door had been slammed. This broke the interior parts of the mechanism. Thank you all for the help. I will always come back to this forum for any help in eliminating appliance problems. I guarantee that I will not buy another Frigidaire washer again. Thank you all, William Steen.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Glad ye could git er done. I would rather wrastle an aligator than put that dayum hose back on:
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Frigidaire Frontload Washer Won't Spin

Started by rbellr

Replies: 5
Views: 2526
Last post November 06, 2009, 01:14:41 AM
by rbellr
Frigidaire Front Load washer making noise.

Started by curtis

Replies: 3
Views: 5419
Last post July 05, 2007, 09:25:04 PM
by AJ
Kenmore (frigidaire?) washer 417.29042991 No Spin - drains fine

Started by ratt2581

Replies: 1
Views: 5189
Last post September 21, 2007, 09:44:54 PM
by AJ
frigidaire front load washer