Author Topic: Maytad DW on but not running  (Read 1147 times)

Offline rock304

• VIP Member
Maytad DW on but not running
« on: June 01, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
Maytag DW  model #  DWU9200AAX

Hello all--I have a problem with my Maytag dishwasher. the door was shut all day yesterday and the timer was not on--however I was notified last night just in time to make sure I would get no sleep that the DW was broke Looking at it I see a lot of dirty water in the bottom and both soap trays are open-I am assuming the soap trays were closed before it was started.The timer is on and cannot be shut off with the door closed-

-It does not appear to advance and there is obviously no initial pump out-the water in the bottom is more than could be in the hose. when running the Garbage disposal the spinning water created bt running it continuously will go back down the drain line and fill the DW-I usually turn it on and off a few times to avoid this-my sister does not--too much trouble I guess

The timer can be turned all the was around 360 degrees and although there is a small slight sound at some positions it is basically just spinning and making timer noise [tick tick tick with light on--light always on--there is 1 position at the top left of the timer that allows water in--but that is it--the water stops quickly

could it be a locked pump or am I looking at a timer issue.If timer any specific terminals

thanks

For more than 1 reason I am not quite ready for a new DW

reason 1 is that it is buried under a non removable counter and a new floor was laid in front of it by the idiot floor man   >:(

Offline Ironhorse

• VIP Member
Re: Maytad DW on but not running
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 06:38:55 PM »
You do not have a pump on this unit, you have a reversing motor.  Do you have a meter to do any tests?  The fact that neither wash or drain will not come on indicates it could be a loose of power to the unit (burnt wire under the wire nut, breaker, etc.)  Also, you drain line should be looped up high enough to not allow siphoning back into the unit.  If your timer does not advance at all, you could also have a door switch not closing.  You will need to start with the basics and work your way from there.   

Offline rock304

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:31:14 PM »
have meter

can do test but work at night--like now..

timer does advance but no pumpout-[water in bottom] or wash--getting nothing from the motor--could be open windings??

there are 2 thermostats behind bottom kick plate --1 is no continuity[brown +gray wires] and the other is continuity red +yellow]

I think door switch works--lights come on and timer advances but does nothing

could this be float switch related--stuck open ?

timer worked fine last time it washed.. then no good the next

please advise will test when I get home

Offline Ironhorse

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
If timer is advancing, door switches are good.  The thermostats will have no bearing on motor operation and one should be open (stalls timer till heater hits water) and one should be closed (Hi limit to allow heater to come on.  You need to ohm out the motor and relay.  Relay should be closed Yellow to White on the relay terminals with the wires removed.  On your motor, Blue should be closed (3-7 ohms) to all other wires that feed it.  Again, you are ohming the motor, harness disconnected.  Main winding is about 3 ohms, drain and run (start) about 7.  If they ohm fine, we need to check for power down to the motor.  Let us know how you do with the first part!

Offline rock304

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »
OK thanks--my neighbor when I was a kid mother died and had to go out of state to funeral--actually bought a new DW but can check what you said and may cancel if it is the motor which is cheaper than the timer

got this one for $403 +tax

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=202198213&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=202198213&ci_src=14110944&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D29X-_-202198213&locStoreNum=1261

Frigidaire Dishwasher Keeps Running, Timer not Advancing

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 3590
Last post April 11, 2008, 09:19:10 AM
by TechnicianBrian
Maytag Dishwasher slowly fills with water while off (not running).

Started by bigzinmiami

Replies: 4
Views: 4505
Last post August 31, 2009, 04:10:26 PM
by Repair-man
shu5302uc/uo6 Bosch dishwasher running for over 4 hours

Started by oscar333

Replies: 2
Views: 4732
Last post February 28, 2010, 04:21:37 PM
by whjeffs
Whirlpool dishwasher won't stop running