Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Kenmore 106.52552100 ice maker problems

(1/2) > >>

philhyde:
Hello,

I have a Kenmore 106.52552100 side-by-side fridge.  The ice maker was removed to clean the freezer.  It was put back in, and now does not work properly.

Several times we have unplugged the fridge and plugged it back in to reset it.  The ice maker seems to complete half of a cycle.  It will fill, and then the bar will move about 1/2 way just enough to kick the ice cubes on top of the bar.  If the fridge is reset again, it will complete the cycle and fill again.

I have tried doing a diagnostic check by shorting the terminals T&H (as described here http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=55.0).  The unit does not go through any cycle.  If I complete the test by resetting the fridge, I get 3 blinking lights, which says the optics are fine but the ice maker cannot be "sensed" or is not working.  Upon visual examination, I do not see anything broken or irregular about the ice maker.

At this point I am either going to buy a new ice maker or call Sears.  Is there something I'm overlooking?  ???

Thanks in advance!

AJ:

--- Quote ---I have tried doing a diagnostic check by shorting the terminals T&H
--- End quote ---

I would also bypass the optics as shown here.

Video: See if your Whirlpool Ice maker infrared optics control is working

If the ice maker still does not cycle all the way around with T&H jumped and the optics jumped out then I would go ahead and order a new ice maker.

If the ice maker does cycle all the way around with the optics jumped out I would then order some new optics and replace them.

Here is the ice maker for your model refrigerator.

WHIRLPOOL Complete Icemaker Assembly (8 Cube), part number: AP3182733

This icemaker is for 25-27 cubic feet models that have vertical auger dispenser installed in the freezer door. 8 cube icemaker.

WHIRLPOOL 4389102 Refrigerator P.c. Board Kit, AP3137510

4322658A R-92 Whirlpool and KitchenAid Indoor Ice System - Ice Maker Service Repair Manual