Author Topic: msd2756aew  (Read 677 times)

Offline jayay

• VIP Member
msd2756aew
« on: December 07, 2011, 01:41:06 PM »
I have a Maytag side by side msd2756aew and it is doing some strange things. I have read and read and not found any solution just suggestions. I can come into my kitchen and the light on the door will be on, I cannot turn it off or change between the different functions. Sometimes if I unplug the door at the top it will reset itself. On other occasions I can come into the kitchen in the morning to find either ice or water covering the floor, just depends on what the last selection was made the previous night. I have read that the inner freezer switch is two position and that can go bad and I have also read that the circuit board right above the dispenser can go bad. This doesn't happen 100% of the time but I have learned to simply get what I need from the door and reach up and unplug it. Either way this is something I should not have to or want to do. Any help would be appreciated. And please forgive me if I missed this topic if it has been previously discussed.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Re: msd2756aew
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 06:49:28 AM »
Hi,

Here is the service manual for your model refrigerator, maybe it will help.
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=40

I would also take a look at the board #20 in the diagram to see if it looks like it's been getting wet or has any other damage.
Follow us on Google+ to see updates from our Google Drive and more!

How do I possibly reset a Maytag MSD2756AEW side-by-side?

Started by mcf57

Replies: 7
Views: 3518
Last post June 28, 2009, 09:12:57 AM
by Al Capone