Author Topic: Electrolux bullet style ice maker in french door  (Read 13436 times)

Online niobrara

• Technician
Re: Electrolux bullet style ice maker in french door
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »
What I been getting on a lot of these units  that the cap tube from the solenoid to the ice maker freezes up. Thats a restriction and even thou they are replaceable my torch is not going in there. Just had this conversation with them last week.

Offline mikenovember

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »
check in the back end of the ice maker where the unit swings to the right to the eject/fill position,  at the rear of this is a plastic shield that warps and does not allow the unit to fully move to the right.  Bend a piece of alluminum sheet (about 1 3/4" by 2 1/2") the long way and slip it over the shield from the front to keep the shield straight and away from the ice maker.

Offline graham99

• VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 08:54:52 PM »
Hi Mikenovember:  In your post "Check in the back end of the ice maker where the unit swings to the right to the eject/fill position,  at the rear of this is a plastic shield that warps and does not allow the unit to fully move to the right.  Bend a piece of alluminum sheet (about 1 3/4" by 2 1/2") the long way and slip it over the shield from the front to keep the shield straight and away from the ice maker"

Were your instructions above the only steps needed to fix the Electrolux bullet style icemaker? If so, what type or thickness of aluminum sheet do you recommend the I use?   Curious, once the aluminum "shield fix" is in place, are you saying that it then allows the unit to fully move to the right?  Can you expand more about what operation is taking place?  Thanks so much!  graham99 

Offline mikenovember

• VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 09:13:30 AM »
The ice maker was trying to move to the right fill position and kept clunking and moving back and forth.  The aluminum I used was about 15 thousands of an inch thick, ( a piece of an old evaporator cover off some old refrigerator).  I made a hole in the plastic with a nail that I heated with a cigarette lighter and drilled a  hole in the metal and put a screw through it, though I think friction would hold it just fine.  After putting this on, it worked fine, this is all it needed

Electrolux bullet style ice maker in french door

Started by krazytech

Replies: 15
Views: 10894
Last post May 05, 2011, 09:24:29 AM
by PARTech
Electrolux bullet style ice maker in french door

Started by Wraunch

Replies: 12
Views: 8800
Last post August 10, 2011, 01:59:02 PM
by Wraunch