Service Diagnostic on Models with Deluxe
Initiate Service Mode
1. Set the temperature to 0°F, then press and hold
both the up and down arrows simultaneously for 5
2. When the diagnosticsmode is entered, the number
“88” is displayed and an audible chirp is sounded.
The status information will be displayed for 3
seconds and then return to the diagnostics
3. To check the door switch contacts, press the down
arrow. If the freezer door is open, the letter ”O” will
appear in the display indicating that the freezer the
door is open and the door switch contact are closed.
If the freezer door is closed, the letter “C” will
appear in the display indicating the door is closed
and the door switch contacts are open.
4. To check the thermistor, press the temp alarm
button. If the thermistor is operating properly “--” will
appear in the display. If the thermistor is shorted,
“S’ will appear in the display. If the thermistor is
open, “O” will appear in the display.
Note: A defective thermistor will cause the
compressor to run continuously.
5. To exit the service mode, press and hold the
up and down arrows simultaneously for five seconds