Author Topic: Inglis IFR4200 service manual needed  (Read 274 times)

Offline tower

• VIP Member
Inglis IFR4200 service manual needed
« on: April 02, 2015, 07:10:07 AM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post and I'm looking for some help.

My 9 year old front load inglis washing machine has bit the dust.  I suspect that it is the main circuit board, but I'd like to try to salvage it without involving a service technician yet.

This failure came on all at once.  Basically the machine when started and asked to run a normal load, will attempt to empty the water (can hear the pump turn on), then fill with water to what appears the appropriate level.  With or without a wash load, the machine will proceed through what I interpret to be a balance loading operation of rotating the basket a few rotations clockwise and then a few rotations counter clockwise, repeated about 5 times. I assume it next proceeds to the wash mode.  On transition, the 5 blue (assume led) lights will flicker once, then the machine goes dead with the start button flashing.  This whole process can be repeated ad nauseum.  Pulling the plug does not reset the machine.

I am looking for the service manual for this machine as there is no obvious error codes that can be displayed.  The washer does not have any form of led / crt screen to display the codes.  I have attempted to contact Whirlpool, both the US and Canada, without them being able to assist.  In fact Whirlpool Canada says they do not have possess the service manual in their library.  US refuses to go any further stating proprietary and liability issues, although they admit the model was a Canadian sales only model.

Anyways, looking for some help if anyone has some thoughts on this situation.

Regards

Ron

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 08:55:19 AM by dab147315 »

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Inglis IFR4200 service manual needed
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 09:35:41 AM »
Page 6-2 in manual L75 show you to put it a diagnostics mode.

Offline tower

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 10:19:49 AM »
Thank you dab147315.  Exactly what I was looking for.    The picture on the cover of L-75 is exactly the layout of the machine in question.  Only change is in the description of the the spin speeds in which in my case it gives exact drum rpm maxing out at 1200 rpm.

I have quickly browsed through the manual, concentrating on the troubleshooting are for my first test.  The results aren't good as at present I am unable to get the machine into the "test mode" they describe.  Per their description, lack of entering the "test mode" could be attributed to loose wire connections, so I'll have to take the cover off and see if any of the wires are dangling / broken.  This is the second time I will have been in the machine as about 1-1/2 years ago, the drum support arms (the exact name escapes me, but the "x" cross member that interfaces the SS drum to the bearing axle) had broken in 3 places.  Close to disasterous, but the drum is guaranteed for life and Whirlpool provided the part for free.  It is quite possible that a wire has come loose after this repair, although I don't give it a high probability.

If all wires are in place, I have downloaded the MCU spec sheet and will try to reset the actual CPU (MC68HC908JL3E) and then attempt a test mode configuration again.  Right now I believe (guess) it is stuck at the last instruction and won't progress or reset itself.

Failure to gain any further progress, I'll have to try and obtain a replacement board if all other components check out.

Thanks again for you fast help.

Ron

Offline tower

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 03:45:54 PM »
Spent this last weekend checking out the components in the washer.  Removed the main circuit board and also did a bit of touch up, but nothing serious.  Reconnected all the connectors and proceeded to put the machine through a regular-normal cycle.  On power up, the start button was flashing and it would only cycle through 1/2 the wash load before stalling and having the start button flash.  Out of frustration I turned the control dial and when I got to the casual-normal setting, the start button stopped flashing.  So I ran that cycle and it completed.  Went back and tried a regular-normal cycle and it ran all the way through.  Its now in the process of doing it again and appears to have already passed the stall point.  Maybe it was a bad connection, I don't know, but its back on line.

Thanks for all the help.

Coincidentally, the resistance values given in the manual provided by dab147315 do not come close to my measured values in the machine.  For example, the detergent and softener actuators both megged out consistently at 1.2k-ohm verses the manuals 80-150 ohm range.  Both appear to be working correctly now.

Tower

service manual needed

Started by hj87123

Replies: 4
Views: 2498
Last post September 01, 2010, 10:43:14 AM
by AJ
service manual needed

Started by hj87123

Replies: 2
Views: 1779
Last post November 25, 2010, 05:35:34 AM