Author Topic: Triton Dishwasher is not draining  (Read 3124 times)

Offline jacady

• VIP Member
Triton Dishwasher is not draining
« on: March 28, 2011, 04:11:48 PM »
Last week this GE GSD5330D01WW dishwasher decided not to drain.  Cleaned out the traps and filters (some weird clearish stringy gooey stuff). Disconnected the hoses and checked for blockage. Took off and inspected the drain pump. The flapper was stretched and wouldn't cinch back on the nozzle like it should.  Went and bought a new drain pump and flapper but the washer still isn't draining.  Stuck. I Read JWW's advice about a turbidity sensor but looking for a little more feedback first.  Thanks!

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
Re: Triton Dishwasher is not draining
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »
I would take a real close look into the drain hose.  I sometimes find that, although, you can blow air threw it, or run water threw it, there still may be some obstruction.  When the dishwasher goes into drain, only one part is working... The Pump.. If the pump comes on, and water still doesn't go out, there is a restriction. 

A drain hose restriction is fairly common, and even more common on GE dishwashers from what I see.  If you have the capability to fill, then drain the dishwasher with the hose detached, The problem may show it self right away.

With this reply, I am assuming that the drain pump is receiving 120VAC when need be.  Otherwise I have a completely different solution to your problem.
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 11:13:55 PM »
The older models had a flap that was opened with a solenoid. This monster has an added discharge pump. How quaint.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline ryan111

• Technician
    • Appliance-repair-it.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:44:04 AM »
The next thing you need to look at is the piston and nut. The piston and nut is basically a check valve that will only allow water to flow when the washer is in wash cycle but in drain it is supposed to block water from flowing back into the washer. If the piston is bad water will flow back into the washer rather than down the drain.

The piston and nut is located under the filter screen at the back of the washer. I have attached a picture of a bad piston.

http://www.appliance-repair-it.com/dishwasher-not-draining.html
http://www.appliance-repair-it.com/
Where everyone can repair it!

GE Triton Dishwasher not fully draining

Started by Cavandish

Replies: 14
Views: 20410
Last post August 01, 2009, 09:37:22 PM
by GuitarMan
GE Profile Triton Dishwasher not draining

Started by cjh

Replies: 5