Author Topic: Electrolux dishwasher problem  (Read 6281 times)

Offline jamesewells

• VIP Member
Electrolux dishwasher problem
« on: March 24, 2011, 12:48:24 PM »
Hi all,
My Electrolux EWDW6505GS0 dishwasher is a couple of years old. Recently, the detergent dispenser has started not fully emptying during the wash cycle,so the detergent runs down the door and gets on the dishes. We have one local Electrolux repair person that I refuse to deal with, but that's a story for a different day. I tried the remedy's on the service data sheet and that did nothing, so I called Electrolux. They told me it was probably a timer issue and said it needed a new control panel/board. Somehow I convinced them to send me one and a wiring harness for free. They sent no instructions. When I called back, they would not send them to me because of "liability" issues. Well, I installed the new panel but was unable to change the harness because I wasn't sure how to get it from the door to the kickplate. The new panel does not solve the problem. I checked, and the dispenser is opening at the correct time in the cycle, per the data sheet. I was going to clean the filter in the bottom, but I wasn't sure how much to remove. So,I suppose my questions are: (1) How do I install the wiring harness or do I even need to? (2) What do I need to remove to clean the filter? (3) What else do I need to check to determine the solution? It almost seems like the water pressure is low during the wash,but I can't be sure. Thanks in advance. BTW, I'm fairly handy with fixing things, I just don't know anything about dishwashers.

Jim Wells
Tallahassee, FL

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
Re: Electrolux dishwasher problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 03:55:22 PM »
  The spray arms might be plugged. Try removing them and cleaning. An excellent product for cleaning the whole system is Dishwasher Magic.

Offline jamesewells

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 04:14:24 PM »
Thanks! I'll give the Dishwasher magic a try.

Jim Wells
Tallahassee, FL

Offline jamesewells

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 04:43:47 PM »
Also, how do you get the coarse filter assembly out? Specifically, the gray part (chimney?) that holds it down. There's a little water down there as well. Is that normal? Thanks again!

Jim Wells
Tallahassee, FL

Offline krazytech

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 10:19:45 PM »
Anyone that services electrolux or frigidaire can service this unit for you. I would call customer care service... I can get you the number...this is a service bulletin that will fix your problem. you will need Kit part number 154838201...

model# EDW7505, EIDW6105, EIDW6305, EIDW6405, EWDW6505
serial #TH806xxxxx - TH040xxxxx

Reduced spray arm rotation, mainly with the center and upper arms creating poor washability
complaints for the upper rack. Consumer will also complain about an increase in motor noise,
which is created by water starvation to the pump.
To make the support structure more robust for the in-line heater, please order Heater Support
Kit part number 154838201. The kit includes an additional support, two OEM connecting
hoses and associated clamps

Check the Basics first!!! Read the Manual !!!Buy the tech a Beer!!!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
Service Bulletin Attached.
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline jamesewells

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 06:07:44 AM »
Thanks a lot for the info. Apparently the is a new company that services Electrolux in town. I'm going to call them today. BTW, I'm not opposed to having someone repair my dishwasher, but until very recently (apparently), there was only one company in town that serviced Electrolux. And I'm not going to do business with them. I'm fairly handy and would rather order the parts and do it myself. The first control board replaced on this machine (while in warranty), I replaced myself, because of the one "authorized" service company. Thanks again! I'll keep everyone updated.

Offline krazytech

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 08:53:46 PM »
Call customer (706)860-4110  1,4,2 will get you to the dishwasher dept.

you will need your model #, serial #, and date of purchase...

Tell the the problem and the part you need they will overnight the part to you. so you can have it when the tech arrives..
Check the Basics first!!! Read the Manual !!!Buy the tech a Beer!!!

Electrolux Dishwasher problem

Started by styxguy

Replies: 1
Views: 1045
Last post March 09, 2014, 12:27:42 PM
by AJ
Kenmore dishwasher motor problem

Started by lgmccoy1

Replies: 3
Views: 8277
Last post February 22, 2008, 11:06:24 AM
by RegUS_PatOff
Intermittent Problem with Maytag Dishwasher

Started by Firenut

Replies: 2
Views: 5749
Last post March 29, 2008, 12:43:53 PM
by JWWebster
SHY56A06uc/14 BOSCH Dishwasher Low Circulation - Problem

Started by jasgot

Replies: 2
Views: 5215
Last post December 31, 2008, 06:52:26 AM
by AJ
Dishwasher: Timer or thermostat problem?

Started by evaningam

Replies: 7
Views: 10013
Last post May 20, 2009, 06:36:00 AM
by RegUS_PatOff
5995348223 Electrolux 24 inch Built-In Dishwasher Electronic Control Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1437
Last post April 24, 2012, 10:07:56 AM
by AJ