Author Topic: Dacor warming drawers EDW30SCH or MRWD30S  (Read 3248 times)

Offline the appliance whisperer

• Technician
Dacor warming drawers EDW30SCH or MRWD30S
« on: March 25, 2011, 01:15:22 PM »
i have a customer with 2 warming drawers ... one on top of the other. i checked them out for him and they both are identical, both with resettable thermostats. i reset them both, worked for a couple days and now don't again. there does not seem to be any venting for these things, and they have worked fine for years.

does anyone have any clue as to why this would happen? they don't get that hot to start with, and it seems to be happening to BOTH of them all of a sudden. i don't feel like throwing parts at them to figure it out.

thanks...

Offline krazytech

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Dacor warming drawers
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »
MRWD30S has a touch pad control and has error code...  EDW30SCH is a dishwasher I believe? could it be EWD30SCH?

Fault Codes:
One or more of the Blue indicator lights on the control panel will blink on and off
(one second on, one second off) above the “HOURS” number to indicate a fault
code.

#1Temperature ErrorA Temperature Error occurs when the sensor (p/n102472) reaches a temperature of 270°F. The error is not dependent upon the user input temperature setting. The error will be continuous until the temperature returns back to normal range.

#2Sensor ErrorThe Sensor Error may occur when the sensor reaches a temperature of 320°F. If Sensor Error occurs due to a Temperature issue, it will always show Fault Code #1 also.The Sensor Error Fault is the manufacturing limitation of the sensor. Additionally, Check for Open Temperature Sensor. And/or broken, disconnected, shorted wiring to Temperature Sensor.
#3Key Pad ErrorReplace the Control/Key Pad assembly (p/n701120)
#4Control ErrorReplace the Control/Key Pad assembly (p/n701120)

Check the Basics first!!! Read the Manual !!!Buy the tech a Beer!!!

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 07:11:27 AM »
i don't think you're following me.... it's a dime sized thermostat with the little red button in the center like most gas heaters have in them. i was just wondering if there is a known problem with these dacor stats, because both drawers have started kicking these little stats off at the same time... well... the same time in the sense that after years of problem free service, they both are having problems now.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 10:55:43 AM »
If them limits are wired in series with heating elements it might just be time to add some new ones.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »
that's what i'm thinking, especially since they both seemingly broke at once, but i don't want to be wrong if possible. they are actually in series with a non-resettable stat right in front of them, so i guess it's gonna be change 'em all.  :D

Offline krazytech

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 05:17:49 PM »
if the thermo tripped it more likely that you have a sensor problem that you can check with an error code.. the thermo must have reached over 210 degrees... I don't think you would have two warmers with two bad thermos... so I would go to the sensors first.

yes the thermos are in line with the elements
Check the Basics first!!! Read the Manual !!!Buy the tech a Beer!!!

Offline schaffersapplian

• Technician
  • Every action has a reaction
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 07:47:32 PM »
I never worked on one of these guys before, but I am going to have to agree with krazytech.. I doubt they both just seemingly wore out at the same time.  You must have higher then normal temps causing them to trip.  I would do a temp test, check the sensors, and look at the error codes.  This machine from the looks of it, should tell you whats wrong with it.   Good luck
Authorized Samsung, Electrolux, Whirlpool, GE, Fisher Paykal, and Maytag Servicer with over 10 years experience.

RV465 DACOR EXHAUST FAN STOPPED WORKING IN UP POSITION

Started by BOB190E

Replies: 2
Views: 3854
Last post November 22, 2009, 09:40:50 AM
by BOB190E
Dacor range ERDE48SBR/NG, how to adjust flame on cooktop burner

Started by edwardl1

Replies: 0
Views: 39
Last post September 17, 2014, 03:45:17 PM
by edwardl1