Author Topic: Share your experience with (Sears) 'A&E Factory Service' with the rest of us.  (Read 3085 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
A&E Factory Service is a nationwide leader in product repair service that provides a professional and enjoyable repair experience for our customers. We service all major brand appliances and you can depend on us for your in-home repair needs.

http://www.aefactoryservice.com/ae_consumer/index.html

I see there trucks on the road all the time. If you have ever worked with (or work for) A&E please share your thoughts about the company here in this topic.

Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline the appliance whisperer

• Technician
corporate whores like most big companies. you have someone who wouldn't know a maytag trans if it bit them on the ass telling you you took too long to install it. not bad money though for a "job".

Offline chu

• VIP Member
True, they want 8 completes/day, don't care how far you drive, whether you've ever worked on it before...and now, because I'm slow as molasses(thorough, but not selling protection agreements), I'm getting a steady diet of appliances, that Sears has next to no documentation on, nor even a parts diagram for ordering parts. Fast paced & procedural nightmare. And there idea of training is to 'you tube' it!

Online rbmappltech

• Technician
Working for the Blue Screw is a mixed bag. I like fixing things and the challenge of the repair. They pay is okay. I would say the pay is nothing great in return for what they except of you. Like all of us we are in the business of making money and so is A&E Factory service. Regardless of how many miles you have to service or if you a few calls a day or a lot. You are require to have so many completes per day other wise they put you on the naughty list and harass you until you are off of it or get fired. I have a friend that was traveling two to three hundred miles a day to do 3 to 5 calls. Yet he was put on the naughty list because he was not doing  enough completes per day. If you don't get the calls per day and have to travel hundreds of miles, there is no way you are going to make your completes. The management is disconnected from repair reality. They have no idea how to treat their techs and motivate them.  Its a negative based management style. If their ideas don't work its the tech's fault for not implementing their ideas in the proper fashion. This last summer they gave some bullshit training about changing the work culture so we can give better service.  What they taught had nothing to do with giving better service. Here what I believe in how to help techs give better service. You keep your tech's up to date in training. Give them the tools to do the job. When we got our new computer tough books about 4 years ago, management told us we were going to have the latest and greatest. We would be able to access all the manufacturers web sites. Have videos for tear down and trouble shooting and all that happy stuff. Well fours years later, guess what nothing.  They want us to sell extended warranties but take away the tools that would help us. If the customer wants to think about the extended warranties, we can't make a special trip back or set up a service call or even do it from our computer. We have to tell them to call the 800 number. There by we lose any chance of getting a commission if we don't sell the plan during that service call. But on the other hand they harass you to sell and sell.  There is more to tell, but right now  I am too tired. Also I am surprised there is not a bigger response to this posting. Maybe the A&E techs are just tired of  it all. I know I am getting tired of A&E management and all their bullshit.

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
I could go on for pages. It's a horrible company to work for. Management lives in la-la land. They add on responsibilities without any extra money. They hire sales people instead of techs. I could go on.
LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Offline afbryanwv

• Technician
Pretty much the same experience as everyone else.  Negative management and LONG hours with little to show. Zero raises. Quantity over quality mentality.  I'm actually working for a small business now who may be contracting some of Sears calls out.  Oh boy, I can't wait.

Wanted: GE factory authorized appliance repair service technician

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 10434
Last post December 19, 2007, 01:25:48 AM
by BrntToast
Sears Loss/Wants To Sell Service Agreement Unit

Started by john63

Replies: 16
Views: 5333
Last post May 30, 2013, 10:34:46 AM
by andersenappliance
Sears applicance service

Started by sherry

Replies: 2
Views: 2552
Last post October 09, 2008, 02:09:37 PM
by JWWebster
Sears terrible service

Started by sherry

Replies: 3
Views: 3056
Last post October 09, 2008, 07:11:11 PM
by WBsBADBOY
Sears Kenmore Service Repair Manuals & Error Fault Codes.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 42674
Last post May 01, 2009, 12:19:36 AM
by AJ
Sears, what's happened to customer service?

Started by Bob Anderson

Replies: 10
Views: 2789
Last post June 25, 2013, 09:54:06 AM
by mpatten2