Author Topic: roper dryer red4440qv1  (Read 1532 times)

Offline jcalma

• VIP Member
roper dryer red4440qv1
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:17:17 PM »
I have checked door sw/, push to start button, thermal fuse and even replaced the motor on this dryer. I have good 240 volts input and power is feeding through the selector switch but nothing works on this dryer. No spin no heat nothing. The only thing I can think of is the selector switch could be bad but as I said power does feed in and out on it.  Any help would be appreciated. I am stuck. If I had a wiring diagram of selector switch or if I knew how power should feed through selector for each position then i could determine if it is bad. or if I'm just missing something simple. Is there a way to bypass selector to make start ............. anything please.Thanks Jeff

Model red4440qv1

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: roper dryer red4440qv1
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:36:29 PM »
Jeff your problem is gonna be in the motor circuit. The motor works on 120 volts.
The components in the motor circuit are:
motor
duct fuse
door switch
timer
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:22:21 PM »
Jeff your problem is gonna be in the motor circuit. The motor works on 120 volts.
The components in the motor circuit are:
motor, duct fuse,door switch, timer. If all other things have continuity with their wires removed, then your timer must have a bad contact inside. Very rare. Usually the arcing from the heat circuit but on occasion a burr will occur on a timer contact. It is possible to file the burr down but ya got to be careful. The way I do it is remove the shank on the timer so I won't disturb the innards. I remove the 2 screws and carefully examine the contacts looking for a burr . I file that down and sometimes I can get it to working. If you fail to remove the keeper the barrel will come out and then you will have hell on your hands putting it back together.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Washaman

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 10:59:14 AM »
I had the same issue the other day. The dryer was dead. All fuses were good and I even swapped the motor out. Finally I removed the timer and heard a contact loose inside floating around. I was lucky to have a spare laying around. Fired right up after replacing it.

Roper Dryer Problem

Started by TheBadGuy

Replies: 7
Views: 3686
Last post January 15, 2009, 07:49:44 PM
by jumptrout51
Roper Dryer - heating without drum rotation

Started by tsitalon1

Replies: 11
Views: 5412
Last post February 09, 2009, 01:27:47 PM
by tsitalon1