Author Topic: whirlpool portable dishwasher inexplicably cancels itself and drains  (Read 1315 times)

Offline bludashr

• VIP Member
i just bought this stupid thing from a brandsmart scratch and dent store thursday.  first two nights it seemed to work fine.  i was thrilled.  have been living without a dishwasher in this tiny house of mine for six years and now have 1.5 year old twins mucking up the place....saturday, sunday, and now monday night i have had to run the thing repeatedly to try to get it to finish a cycle without the red light coming on and it draining, usually by 10 minutes in.  

i know the answer is to just return it to the store and try the other one they had there, but it's not that easy to get a dishwasher back into my toyota, into the store and bring another one home and get it into the house.  so before i went through that drama, thought i would check to see if perhaps there was an easy explanation and fix....

any suggestions?

Model DP1040XTXB1

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
First we need a good complete model number and description of exactly what the machine is doing.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline bludashr

• VIP Member
Sorry.  DP1040XTXB1.  It fills, it washes, it runs anywhere from 7-9 minutes depending on the cycle i choose - then the red light comes on (the Cancel/Drain button, as if this button has been pushed) and all the water comes out.  i have run every different cycle with the same results, can't complete a full wash cycle.  there's almost the constant grinding/buzzing sound along with it.  something stuck in the food grinder?  something electrical?  the overfill floating thing not floating?

Whirlpool Dishwasher GU1200XTLQ1 Dead, clean light blinks.

Started by barb

Replies: 2
Views: 5860
Last post August 11, 2007, 08:05:47 AM
by barb
Whirlpool dishwasher manual

Started by naes

Replies: 15
Views: 16373
Last post August 06, 2007, 05:26:57 PM
by AJ
Video: Whirlpool Dishwasher - Check for foreign objects in food chopper.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 19507
Last post August 08, 2007, 12:43:21 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Dishwasher Model GU940SCGB3 Door Leak

Started by JimKaran

Replies: 10
Views: 11376
Last post September 13, 2007, 11:39:39 AM
by AJ
Dead whirlpool dishwasher

Started by galen

Replies: 3
Views: 2902
Last post September 09, 2007, 08:10:00 PM
by Pegi
Video: Whirlpool Dishwasher Door Leak - How to replace pump seal.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 6366
Last post September 13, 2007, 06:45:17 PM
by AJ