I was using my microwave to heat up some great chili and it began making a loud crackling noise and then it shutoff and the display went dark. Here is what I've done so far:
1. Checked the breaker - It wasn't tripped
2. Checked the outlet and it had 120VAC.
I removed it from the wall, opened it up
3. Checked the fuse - Zero ohms (Good Fuse)
4. Plugged the microwave in and check both sides of the fuse holder, one lead on the case and then I touched one lead on each side of the fuse holder. 120VAC on both sides (Good).
5. Checked the magnetron - Across the leads I had 9.5 ohms. Each lead to the case of the magnetron -infinity
6. Checked the power through the door switches and I had 120VAC.
7. Checked the sensor on top of the magnetron: with power off - Infinity across the leads. With power on 120VAC across leads which confirms it is open. Should this sensor be open?
I tried to download a service manual for any kitchenaid or whirlpool microwave, but I got a "timeout" webpage.
Any help on what I should look at next?