Author Topic: LG washer problem  (Read 7051 times)

Offline cheveatter

• VIP Member
LG washer problem
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:24:56 PM »
Hi new here and I'm having trouble with our LG WM0642HW WASHER. It started by not shutting the water off in the last part of the rinse cycle (we always use the extra rinse cycle also ). It showed a FE code as a faulty Water Inlet Valve. After i shut the water supply off and then back on. I re powered the washer and started a wash cycle and it worked fine for about eight loads or so and it acted backup. If i would turn the water off and then back on when it would act up it would always continue on fine . Well now it will wash up to the start of the rinse cycle and the time stops and it will just hum and it does not pump the water out. Any help on diagnosis would be great: Thank you!

Offline cheveatter

• VIP Member
Re: LG washer problem
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »
HI again : When i try doing a QC test i get a nE code.C :(an any one tell me what that means!

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 12:04:37 AM »
  The nE error might be "OE" if part of the digital display is burned out. "OE" error is a drain error. Washer not draining within 10 minutes. Check the drain pump.

Offline cheveatter

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:31:58 PM »
Thank you for your reply Major App ! I did find that the impeller was loose on the pump shaft! Ordered a new pump,when it gets here will see if it fixes the problem. thanks again!   

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
  I hope that makes a difference. You might have more than one problem with the FE error code. As long as the pump is off, check the hoses from the tub and to the drain for blockage. Also a good idea to check all electrical connections. Was the impellar on the pump broken or just felt loose?

Offline cheveatter

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 07:32:54 PM »
The motor was full of goop and the impeller would spin loose on the motor shaft. I am checking all connections . I am still wondering why when i do the QC test it  turns on all the lights ,locks the door ,does its beeps then shows a display then right to that code. 

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
Post us some pictures of your repair Chevinator. That would be awesome
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline cheveatter

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 10:34:24 AM »
Hi everyone changed the drain pump and it ran fine for five loads. Then it acted up again at the nineteen minute in the normal cycle and fe coded . I repeated the same thing i did before and it has not acted up again ,have done about ten loads sence then . I have my fluke meter setting there waiting for it to mess up to check to see if it is beening held on or if the water valve is sticking. Unless anyone has any other ideas. Sorry JWWebster i was unable to take any pics. bat. was dead in camera at the time. (thanks)   

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 01:42:39 PM »
Chevanator the computer may not be getting confirmation of water entering the machine. Did yall wash any rubber backed rugs or sandy swim suits? Stuff like that?
FE: Overflow issue drain pump running to comp. So find the small hose from tub to control and blow any sediment or trash out of it. Then reconnect it and retry.
Near as I can tell this control uses 3 thangs to determine water level. Weight of clothes, that water frequency setting in the manual (246) and that water pressure in the small tubing goig to the control. When you press the "SPIN SPEED" button and "SOIL LEVEL" button the water level frequency should be above 246. If it be below that number find the small tube going to the control and blow it out. Get rid of the sediment in the air bell and reconnect tightly. Pump out water and retry.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:47:35 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline cheveatter

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 08:44:42 PM »
Thanks for the info. . I just checked it and it is 233 so i am going to pull the hose and check will let you know if it is clogged. Thanks for helping JW WEBSTER !!     

Offline cheveatter

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 07:47:30 PM »
Well i did pull the hose and blew through it and found nothing in it. So i have been just watching it.The other evening it acted back up again , this time i had my meter in hand and checked for power at the cold water inlet valve and found that the water was flowing and no power to the valve . So i pulled the wire connections on all of the solenoids and the water kept flowing ,tapped it with screw driver and the water stopped . So i am going to pull the valve.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 08:49:12 PM »
Great! let us know how you come out.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

maytag washer- timer problem?

Started by inot66

Replies: 6
Views: 5220
Last post January 10, 2008, 08:47:16 PM
by inot66
Maytag Washer Spin & Drain Problem

Started by lulubovary

Replies: 1
Views: 2998
Last post March 11, 2008, 04:43:09 PM