Author Topic: ADMIRAL GAS DRYIER NOT DRING  (Read 3833 times)

Offline JESSICA

• VIP Member
ADMIRAL GAS DRYIER NOT DRING
« on: January 08, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
Please help me I need to fix my drayer ASAP.  Not dring my clothes, i took off front cover and took out main lent housing(the housing that the lint filter sits in.  When I removed that at the bottom of the dryer had a bunch of lent and junk (money, key chain, pen) I vaccumed out that stuff. There is tons of dust around the ignator can or should I vaccum up the dust. I need to figure out what else I should be checking before putting every back together. Please help me cant afford a repair man at this time.  Any help would be greatly apprecitaed :please: ;)

Model ADG7005AWW

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: ADMIRAL GAS DRYIER NOT DRING
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 04:07:41 PM »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 05:25:06 PM »
Hi JESSICA. I'm not trying to be mean but did you bother to read your post? There is a spell check button at the bottom of the page. I'm beginning to wonder if the majority of the population has given up on proper spelling. 10 years from now kids won't be able to actually spell "Lots of Laughs". I hope you are not offended, your not the only one. If I misspelled words that bad I would hope someone would tell me. Maybe I'm wrong for pointing it out but it's been building for awhile. What would Dear Abby do? I'm sure there will be some backlash and I might even be alienated but so be it. I won't mention it again.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 06:08:51 PM »
If the dryer fires and gets hot,you must turn off the gas supply,unplug the dryer,use JW's manual to disassemble the dryer and clean it from front to back.
Also remove the exhaust vent on the rear and clean it also,making certain it is straight and unblocked when re-connected.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »
Never mind.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:13:20 PM by jumptrout51 »
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline JESSICA

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:12:47 PM »
OH WAIT YOUR AN ASS, I DONT WANT TO AFFEND YOU BUT YOUR AN ASS.  Excuse me for forgetting to spell check but I was up for 48 hours tyring to fix the damn thing.  I showered after that time and from all the damn dust I have hives soo please don't be a smart ass, just help me.   >:(:P I was tired and full of dust and pollentints, sooo I forgot to spell the damn thing.  I didn't realize this was a spelling class room.  I just need to fix my damn dryer can anyone help.  Tired PISSED OFF AND JUST NEED ADVISE.

SINCERLY,
JESSICA LYNN MCLEAN PBT, CLPBT, CPBT

P.S. I DO HAVE AN EDUCATION IM NOT A DUMB FEMALE.  YES I SPELL CHECKED THE DAMN THING

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 11:20:18 AM »
Jessica you need to take the dryer apart and give it a good clean out firstly. Then see if the ignitor, the flame sensor, and coils are all working. The big deal on these gas dryers is them coils get hot with age and will work at first and then die and take a long time to cool off then work some more. It makes it very aggravating to diagnose.  Gas dryers are fairly simple to fix and require little or no maintenance but they do need a good cleaning. So clean it up real good and that might fix it without even having to add any new parts. Lint cause air restriction and air flow is important. If the air stagnates in the dryer then the controls will shut down quickly and not give the heat time to dry then clothes properly, the result being it take for ever to dry a load of clothes. Click on these pictures to enlarge:
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 11:22:53 AM »
Unplug your dryer and remove the vent pipe. You cannot work from behind on this dryer. You have to start by popping the top and then you can remove the screwa which hold the front on there. Then you can get the tub out:
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 11:25:43 AM »
Check you idler and rollers. Oil them with Zoomspout oil. And if you have problems let me know. I will try and help as best as I can.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline RAH52

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 05:43:53 PM »
Jessica you need to learn some manners , MajorApp just wrote down what most of us  thought . After your tirade you won't get any help from me .

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 06:00:05 PM »
I have done a comprehensive search on (PBT, CLPBT, CPBT) and I do not find what it refers to,are you a secret agent or something?
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »
Jessica can you post some photos?
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 06:07:03 PM »
I have also searched AFFEND and POLLENTINTS and can not find what they reference.
Would you please explain these terms so that we can help you.
Take a Kid fishing.

Seeking downloadable manual for Admiral dryer (probably Maytag variant)

Started by JSEhandyman

Replies: 13
Views: 16338
Last post July 09, 2009, 09:49:11 PM
by AJ
ADMIRAL ELECTRIC DRYER

Started by pitaj1963

Replies: 2
Views: 3024
Last post May 06, 2008, 08:59:07 AM
by JWWebster
Maytag Admiral Dryer Knocking