Author Topic: frigidaire model FRS3R5EMB4 not cooling and fan not running  (Read 1532 times)

Offline hideshome

• VIP Member
frigidaire model FRS3R5EMB4 not cooling and fan not running
« on: December 29, 2010, 10:15:20 PM »
I have frigidaire refrigerator model # FRS3R5EMB4 and I noticed water leaking from the icemaker and out of the refrig. I took out the ice because it was melting causing the water that was leaking. The freezer in not freezing and the refrig side is not cool either. I look in the back and took off the panel and noticed that the fan was not running. I also did not hear sounds from the motor in the back but I could hear some sounds from the refrig. I opened the freezer and felt air coming out of the vent in the freezer but it is not real cold. How can I tell if the capacitor or compressor is bad? The coils in the back of the refrig is not cold, it is room temp. I feel a little air coming from the vent at top of the freezer where the ice maker is but it is not cold. I feel air coming from the vent at the top of the refrig side also. There is no air coming from the bottom vents in freezer or refrig.  I can hear like a fan or something going inside the freezer where the icemaker is and there is where I feel airflow.  can someone help me because it is the holiday weekend and I can not get a service person out until next week.  I put my food outside on my deck to stay cold but I do not know how long that will last.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: frigidaire model FRS3R5EMB4 not cooling and fan not running
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »
Both fans should be going inside and out at the same time. Replace that condenser fan motor.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Re: frigidaire model FRS3R5EMB4 not cooling and fan not running
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:45:26 PM »
If you do not have power to the compressor or the fan motor by the compressor you may have a bad ADC.

Frigidaire frig model number PLHS267ZAB5 NOT COOLING NO ICE BUILDUP

Started by homepiguy

Replies: 1
Views: 985
Last post January 22, 2012, 12:09:35 PM
by homepiguy
Frigidaire Refrigerator Model #FRS22ZGEW2 not cooling

Started by jfw0928

Replies: 2
Views: 582
Last post October 25, 2013, 09:06:19 AM
by appdoc
Frigidaire Refrigerator not cooling anymore :(?

Started by yahoo

Replies: 4
Views: 6031
Last post March 29, 2008, 08:19:36 AM
by JWWebster
Frigidaire Refrigerator Not Cooling Properly

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 3576
Last post April 10, 2008, 09:58:25 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Frigidaire Freezer not Cooling