Author Topic: Digital Display blinking 88F on both frig and freezer, menu displays inop  (Read 6161 times)

Offline RomBo

• VIP Member
 :'( My GE Profile Frig (French Door Model) has the digital display on the freezer door with the water and ice, temp settings, light, alarm, etc. My problem is that the temp is blinking on both the freezer and frig side 88F and none of the functions are operable. I can get ice only and not get the water menu to work, I can't change temp or change light/alarm etc. The temperature inside the frig and freezer are fine. I thought perhaps the main control module was bad since that is a common problem, I replaced it , with no change whatsoever. Is there another control board for the display unit that anyone knows of. I don't have the electric schematic, someone must have removed it at one time or another and didn't put it back. Appreciate any feed back as where I should begin to trouble shoot this problem.

Model PFSS9PKYASS

Offline PARTech

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Panhandle Appliance LLC
Ok, this means that on startup an error has been detected.  Which segments of the 88's are flashing? Or even brighter than the others?  Like the attached?

After you figure out which segments of the 8's are flashing/bright you can hold the top right and top left buttons for 8 seconds and the display should return to normal, but note, the error still exists.  If it doesn't return to normal, let us know.
Serving North Idaho

Offline RomBo

• VIP Member
Thanks for the reply. The left freezer side reads 86 then 88 with the right upper quadrant going off on the 2nd 8. the frig right display reads a constant 88. I cleared the codes and everything is ok now except that I know I still need to repair the problem once I know what has failed. I downloaded some pics if that is more helpful, thank for your help.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
I wonder if the thang has to be programmed once you swap the board like on a Maytag?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline RomBo

• VIP Member
I put the original board back in since the new one didn't make any changes. Everything seems to be working ok now but, I know the original problem still is lurking in the background. I guess I'll have to wait for an answer on the trouble code in order to fix it.

Thanks for every ones help thus far.

Offline PARTech

• Technician
    • Panhandle Appliance LLC
That segment of the 88 indicates a freezer sensor error, from the main board check the voltage from connector CN30 #3 to CN75 #1. It should be between 1.0V to 4.5V DC (which you probably will). The sensor, with CN30 unplugged, CN30 Pin# 3 to CN10 Pin# 3 should read 13290 ohms at 32 degrees (in a glass of ice water)  plus or minus about 500 ohms.  Hope you are good with a meter. :)
Serving North Idaho

Chest Freezer Digital Internal Temp Display

Started by fixitgal1

Replies: 0
Views: 472
Last post July 29, 2014, 06:10:23 PM
by fixitgal1
Maytag Frig not cooling but freezer is cold

Started by bigzinmiami

Replies: 6
Views: 8262
Last post December 08, 2009, 06:20:05 AM