Author Topic: Front loader bellows  (Read 1187 times)

Offline dstrang1

• VIP Member
Front loader bellows
« on: December 10, 2010, 08:31:21 AM »
Hi,

I've had this machine for 5 or 6 years and just recently replaced the bellows seal. The original one was ripped 3/4 of the way around - which I attributed to age/wear & tear. Now, after 3 weeks, the replacement is ripped as well.

The rip started at the "7:00" position and continued  mostly clockwise. I'm thinking that the cause is too much front-to-back movement of the drum and the bellows is getting stretched or getting pinched between the front of the drum and the washer frame.......possible worn shocks or suspension springs. But before I shell out another $100 for a bellows and another $100 for shocks (gotta pay retail in order to obtain parts locally), is there something else that would cause the bellows to rip out so soon?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Strang

Model 11044932200

Offline ryan111

• Technician
    • Appliance-repair-it.com
Re: Front loader bellows
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 11:33:36 PM »
Unfortunately I had this happen to me one time as well. I say unfortunately because it was 100% my fault and I had to replace the second one for free. My problem was the plastic shield/conduit that covers the wires on the right hand side was broken and had fell down on the bellow. I didnít break the shield but I didnít notice it hanging over by the bellow (most likely why it ripped the first time). I am not sure this is your problem because mine was ripped at the 3-4 oíclock position (close to the door latch). But there could be something on the other side hanging down.

The tub shaking alone shouldnít rip the bellow that quick. I have seen some jumping pretty bad and not rip the bellow. I believe you have something ripping it. There is also a very small chance you had a faulty bellow but you will never prove it and will never get a refund.

But if the tub is shaking very bad I supposed it is possible it caused your problem. You may need to replace the shocks. I just think it would take longer if this was the problem.

http://www.appliance-repair-it.com/GE-front-loader-washer.html
http://www.appliance-repair-it.com/
Where everyone can repair it!

Getting Front Loader Bellows/Boot Properly Reinstalled for the non-technician

Started by Bootman

Replies: 1
Views: 839
Last post September 09, 2011, 09:02:29 AM
by JWWebster
Frigidaire front loader (MAGNET)

Started by chic

Replies: 3