Author Topic: Whirlpool Cabrio washer sounds like a jet taking off in the spin cycle  (Read 5176 times)

Offline cindid

• VIP Member
Hello our 1 1/2 year old Cabrio Washer sounds like a jet taking off in the final high speed spin cycle. There is some noise during other spins but not as loud. Can someone tell me if this is the bearings or possible something else.  If bearings do they come in a kit and how hard is the repair to do by a diy

Thank you,
Cindi

Model WTW6200VW0

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
You need to replace the whole tub assembly, W10128830.  It will take from 2 hours to a day to repair depending on your mechanical skills.  Since it's not very old try giving Whirlpool a call and see if they will give you some kind of concession.  You might be able to get them to fix it for free or they may give you price reduction on the part.

Online AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Was wondering what you ended up doing with this washer.
Did Whirlpool help you out with it?

Offline cindid

• VIP Member
Hi AJ,

Actually life has become very complicated since I posted this.  I just now found our extended warranty which is good until September 7th I think.  Calling them tomorrow.  The washer still sounds like a jet taking off but we had no funds to fix it and Life's issues got in the way  :tickedoff: Let's just say long story and things happened to loved ones health unexpectedly.  :( aka husband.

The Machine cleans well but tangles clothes sometimes.  We have pets and that is why I chose a top loader with a agitator again because we had two front loaders that did not remove any of the pet fur period.  The washing machine developed the jet engine sound affect plus extensive rusting ? Around the bleach dispenser? Lid ? etc...All of the washers I have owned over the last 30 years never have had this much rust occur. It is down right ridiculous to pay extra for a stainless steal tub to have the rest of the machine rust out.... Have you seen these same complaints?  :tickedoff:

Calling lowes protection plan tomorrow.

:thanks:
Cindi

Offline tgoods

• Technician
Since this thread got a bump after 2 1/2 years, I figure I better update my answer.  You no longer have to replace the whole tub on the Cabrio for bad bearings.  Whirlpool now sells a bearing kit and tool to fix this. All the info is here.

Maytag washer sounds like a plane taking off during spin cycle.

Started by justinc25

Replies: 6
Views: 3242
Last post April 05, 2009, 09:44:04 AM
by justinc25
Whirlpool Cabrio sounds like a jet engine in spin

Started by Anawim

Replies: 4
Views: 5246
Last post December 31, 2008, 07:11:56 AM
by AJ
Whirlpool washer - will not fill after spin cycle, starts agitating without wate

Started by tomaszkr

Replies: 7
Views: 3287
Last post January 18, 2009, 06:01:17 PM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool Duet Washer - Whimpy Spin Cycle leaves clothes wet often

Started by JumpinJackFlash

Replies: 5
Views: 6063
Last post February 24, 2009, 06:03:13 AM
by JumpinJackFlash
whirlpool washer, drum spins, but agitator agitates during spin cycle!

Started by larry39

Replies: 6
Views: 2998
Last post May 05, 2009, 11:52:56 AM
by Al Capone
Whirlpool washer LSR7233DQ0 does not always go into the spin cycle.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 625
Last post May 19, 2012, 06:56:00 AM
by AJ