Author Topic: Maytag Refigerator Defrost problem  (Read 2599 times)

Offline madbchron

• VIP Member
Maytag Refigerator Defrost problem
« on: November 29, 2010, 12:44:29 PM »
evaporator in freezer has iced over 4 times in the last month
it takes about 10 days to lose cooling in the fridge side  i removed the heater and Stat this weekend and tested them both and have continuity in the heater and also the Stat i checked in my freezer out in the garage and it closes when cold an opens when warm. I check the connector for corrosion  and they are clean,the power supply  plug  to the defrost system  has three wires orange -black &white and purple when the power is on with the compressor not running the orange is hot 110 volts the bl&wt is 25 volts and the purple is zero when i turn on the compressor the only change is that the purple wire is now 110 volts. i have the service manual and checked out the adaptive defrost control by jumping the L1 and Test
terminals to get it into a defrost cycle and nothing happened i replaced the ADC with a new one and i Still would not go into a defrost cycle. checked for broken wires and found nothing are there any other parts that i have not looked at that may have some effect
on the operation of the Defrost system

thanks

Model msd2756geq

Offline Johns Repair

• Technician
Re: Maytag Refigerator Defrost problem
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 04:23:01 PM »
The new ADC is forced into defrost by turning the temp control off & on 3 times. Did you try this. My guess is you fixed the problem. The old board was bad or it would of went into defrost when you jumped it. Make sure you completely defrost it.

Offline madbchron

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 11:00:50 AM »
JOHN THANK YOU THIS MORNING  I INSTALLED THE NEW CONTROL AS BEST THAT I COULD  AND DID WHAT YOU SAID IT DID GO INTO THE DEFROST MODE AND I CHECKED IT ABOUT 2 HOURS LATER AND THE COMPRESSOR WAS RUNNING AND COOLING THE FRIDGE SIDE AGAIN AND HOPEFULLY IN THE FUTURE IS THER ANY WAY OF KNOWING WITH OUT A FREEZE UP OF KNOWING IF IT IS WORKING
WHAT I MEANT AS BEST AS I COULD IS THAT THE NEW CONTROL COMES IN A PLASTIC HOUSING AND THE CONTROL BOARD IS NOT CUT OUT TO ACCEPT THE ORIGINAL BASE THAT FIT THE OLD ONE
SO I JUST CONNECTED THE NEW BOARD AND ITS COVER  AND PLACED IT IN THE SAME PLACE THAT THE OLD ONE WAS THERE WAS ENOUGH ROOM FOR IT BUT I COULD NOT SCREW IT IN WILL THIS BE OK I DIDN'T WANT TO JUST LAY THE BOARD IN THERE SINCE THERE WERE S COUPLE PIECS OF METALIC FILM TIN THAT AREA I ENCLOSED A COUPLE OF PICS OF WHAT I MEAN

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR EXCELLENT HELP

Offline Johns Repair

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »
Yes it will be okay like that. You did it correctly.

MAYTAG REFRIDGERATOR ICE MAKER PROBLEM

Started by rodey

Replies: 15
Views: 9932
Last post February 01, 2009, 09:38:29 AM
by Repair-man
61005988 Maytag Refrigerator Adaptive Defrost Control Board

Started by AJ

Replies: 4
Views: 10178
Last post February 19, 2011, 07:44:34 PM
by RegUS_PatOff