Author Topic: LG problems  (Read 3107 times)

Offline LG DUDE

• VIP Member
LG problems
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:35:59 AM »
I'm new to this website.If you can't figure out a problem and you want to fix it.Call the manufacturer. That's what they get payed for . I work for a company and I repair LG all day .I still call the factory for new updates to fix problems. They always have updates.If you are not up to date.You will never fix the problem. That's the way all this new stuff is.They are constantly finding updates. Sorry.
LG DUDE

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: LG problems
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 05:37:46 AM »
As a service technician you should know that LG is not going to aid the consumer on the repair of there appliance over the phone.

At best they will give you a phone number of a local LG servicer to call so you can make a appointment for a service call.

That is great if that is the route you want to take, but being this is a DIY help site a lot of our visitors are looking for help in repairing there own appliance.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:40:14 AM »
LG DUDE if you are proficient,perhaps you could answer some of the LG questions on this site.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline LG DUDE

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »
Hi : I know what this site is about.Helping people with there problems. I was just giving suggestions on service . I would be glad to help with LG problems. Here is one thing I can answer .When you get a LE code on the washer. It could be a multitude of things wrong.There is not straight forward answer.I've even asked teachers at the school .They don't have an exact answer. Not to bad mouth them.These new products have all electronics sometime it's a nightmare to get the LE code to go away.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 08:12:20 PM »
That is the point of the AJ site.
The situation you describe is not just with LG products,even though they seem to fail more frequently.
The AJ technicians pull together to diagnose and repair based upon field experience,rather than (in some cases) non-existent technical service.
So far as your offering to help,that is appreciated.
The final word has to come from AJ himself after you prove your ability.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:40:45 PM »
Here is an example of a nice LG tip:
Problem:
An occasional LE error but always a slow or no spin.
Solution:
A red wire going to the Hall sensor was intermittent. You can test this from the main board connector down to the connector on the hall sensor by checking continuity.  There is an intermediate connector down by the motor/hall sensor so you can isolate the problem even more. Problem was in the short wire harness that connects directly to the motor and hall sensor. Could not find the open point of the wire so  added a new red wire and integrated it into the harness
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline PARTech

• Technician
    • Panhandle Appliance LLC
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 11:02:38 PM »
And once it was as simple as too much soap, solved with an affresh3x....

If you throw a couple of clean towels in with no soap and get suds, it is a good sign. :)
Serving North Idaho

Offline LG DUDE

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 02:03:59 AM »
I'm new to this website.If you can't figure out a problem and you want to fix it.Call the manufacturer. That's what they get payed for . I work for a company and I repair LG all day .I still call the factory for new updates to fix problems. They always have updates.If you are not up to date.You will never fix the problem. That's the way all this new stuff is.They are constantly finding updates. Sorry.
LG DUDE
Even though I'm new to this site I have over 35 years Experience.In the field.

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 06:45:57 AM »
Even the techs here like help  O0 Welcome and jump in.

Is LG the brand with the least amount of problems?

Started by miller

Replies: 4
Views: 3113
Last post February 07, 2009, 06:15:22 PM
by RegUS_PatOff