Author Topic: LG Dishwasher error code He  (Read 13606 times)

Offline cf29

• VIP Member
LG Dishwasher error code He
« on: November 25, 2010, 09:06:03 PM »
LG LDS4821ST dishwasher is a 18 months old and while doing the Thanksgiving dishes we noticed the lights flashing and the HE code. Owners manual states Heating circuit failure. what would be the most likely cause? Thank You for your help cf29

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: LG Dishwasher error code He
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 10:34:06 PM »
heater element or the thermister
Do you have the manual?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline cf29

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:45:08 PM »
I have the users guide and installation guide only, I do not have a repair manual. thank you for your quick response. cf29

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline cf29

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 12:22:41 AM »
Thank You, I finally got it down loaded and will check it out. I will respond again after reading the info.  I am sure this wll help. cf29

Offline whjeffs

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 08:29:04 AM »
Check for broken wires behind the door panel. Some of these LG models have insulation on the inner door panel that gets soft and sticky when it heats up. The wires then become embedded in the sticky insulation & can't flex properly and eventually break from opening & closing the door. This can cause any number of problems or error codes, depending on which wire (or wires) break.

Offline cf29

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »
JWWebster  &  whjeffs :
I thank both of you for your input and fast response. I decided to do what I do when an automobile customer comes to me with a problem; I tried to re-create the problem to verify it. I unplugged the dishwasher from the wall to ? reset ? the control panel readout and it went back to new installed type readout i.e. no code. Then I washed a load of dishes to see if code would return and if so at which point it happened. The code did not return and the wash cycle was complete. Now, I know electronics have no healing properties so I know the problem is not fixed but I know now itís going to be intermittent which leads me to think at this point itís not the heating element ? ?  but can still be the thermister as JW Webster suggested or the broken / loose  wire (s) that whjeffs suggested. So for now Iíll continue to operate the dishwasher until the code resets plus Iím going in the mourning for minor surgery and will be laid up for a couple of dayís which will give the wife time to run the dishwasher a few times giving the dishwasher a chance to reset the code ( HE ) it appears I still have a parts warranty on the machine but not labor, if it turns out to be a thermister or a loose or broken wire Iím assuming I can by the parts cheaper than a service call plus repair ? not trying to beat the service Tech out of work but Iím like most people today ( Broke ) and too close to Christmas. Thanks again and Iíll report back with what turns up. Cf29

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 06:30:25 AM »
Luxurious Garbage
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

LG Dishwasher with LE error code

Started by y4697

Replies: 80