Author Topic: Oven liner replacement  (Read 5577 times)

Offline whjeffs

• Technician
Re: Oven liner replacement
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 07:28:22 AM »
Wow you are in for one big nasty pain in the butt job! I do this stuff for a living and I avoid replacing oven liners if at all possible. Not something I'd recommend for a novice. But if you must.........with the unit out of the wall and sitting on the floor, Start by taking the doors off if you haven't already. Then take off the back panels. Disconnect the oven sensor, broil & convection element wiring then remove them from inside the oven. Remove the convection fan blade (the nut is a reverse thread!) The hidden bake element most likely won't have to be removed. Look for any screws on the back of the oven holding the liner in and remove them. Remove the oven vent tube from inside the oven. This should turn about a quarter turn counter clockwise then pull out. Remove the light housing(s). They should have a disconnect plug when you pull the housing out but the plug may be all the way at the back of the oven & you will have to pull the wire through. Now you've done all of the "easy" stuff. Depending on how this one is made, you may or may not have to remove the front frame. Look at the front of the oven opening to see if the liner overlaps the frame or sits behind it. If behind it, start disconnecting every screw you can find on the sides and front holding the frame in. Last, sometimes there are one or a few screws inside the oven cavity near the front holding it in, if so remove them. Now once that is done or if you did not have to do that step, CAREFULLY start wiggling out the liner. The part thats difficult here is getting the liner out without disturbing the insulation. It may help to lay the oven on its back at this point so when you get the liner out the top of the insulation does not fall down. If you are still doing ok at this point, congratulations! Now all you have to do is reverse those steps! Depending on where the oven light is mounted you may have to fish the wires back through so at this point it might help to put a string or another wire through the hole to pull the wires through.
Now if any of these instructions sounds scary to you, don't ruin your $2000+ oven, call a professional. It might cost you a few hundred dollars but might save you a lot of trouble and aggravation!

Offline sbrooks45

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 09:32:47 AM »
whjeffs,

Thanks!  Finally someone sent a great reply to my post, and it came just in time.  I should have mentioned that although I have zero experience with appliances, I'm a VERY mechanical guy, quite capable with tools, so I wasn't at all scared off by your instructions. 

Thanks for taking the time to write all that, the one key tip that saved me a lot of headache I'm sure, was to lay the oven on it's back when I pulled out the liner.  I would not have thought to do that, and that was an awesome tip!  Everything else was pretty easy, and I actually completed the job in 2 hours last night.

I plan on putting together a tutorial with pics if anyone is interested.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 11:57:41 AM »
I plan on putting together a tutorial with pics if anyone is interested.

That would be great if you could put together a tutorial and post it here.  O0
Hope you find our website helpful.

install new oven liner in electrolux oven

Started by schleven

Replies: 10
Views: 1879
Last post February 07, 2013, 04:47:32 PM
by All Brand
GE Oven control board replacement

Started by rwcaston

Replies: 2
Views: 1024
Last post September 08, 2013, 07:41:17 PM
by apu
Oven Thermostat Replacement for a 20" Hotpoint Gas Range

Started by ghostmetro

Replies: 1
Views: 885
Last post April 22, 2014, 01:04:51 PM
by dab147315
Wall oven damage glass and door broken, are replacement parts available?

Started by bobbiec

Replies: 2
Views: 3419
Last post June 30, 2014, 10:18:41 AM
by bobbiec
FEF366EBB Frigidaire Oven Control Board Replacement

Started by Jesse K

Replies: 1
Views: 399
Last post October 14, 2014, 11:04:40 AM
by Jesse K
Frigidaire oven temp sensor probe?