Author Topic: Bosch SHX57C05UC-21, no lights on panel or display, washer inoperative  (Read 2421 times)

Offline berrytc

• VIP Member
We have a Bosch SHX57C05UC-21 dishwasher that we bought at Sears.  Has worked perfectly for several years until my wife tried to use it yesterday.  Now there are no lights on the control panel or the display, and the unit will not start or run.  Also, there was a little bit of water left in the bottom of the unit, so it apparently did not drain completely during its last cycle.  I dipped as much water as I could out of the bottom with a small cup.  I checked the power at the wall plug under the sink and the power is on.  I got my multimeter, took off the front panel, and there is power to the on/off switch and it seems to work correctly when operated.  I checked the door switch with the multimeter and it also seems to be working correctly.  Hating to think the control module is bad, I opened it up and could see no evidence of burned components or bad solder points.  Are there any other switches that could be malfunctioning?  Any other ideas or suggestions?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:22:42 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline berrytc

• VIP Member
Re: Bosch SHX57C05UC-21, no lights on panel or display, washer inoperative
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 04:12:43 PM »
Found the problem.  Pulled out the DW and found the wiring in the junction box was burned in two.  Cut out burned wiring, removed wire nuts on unburned wiring, stripped wiring back and soldered all connections.  Installed new wire nuts over soldered joints, taped everything well and put everything back together.  Plugged the DW in and the panel and buttons lit up.  Tried to run a cycle, but washer would not fill.  Pulled off side panel and checked float switch.  Seemed OK.  Tried resetting everything by cancelling the drain cycle.  Tried "rinse and hold" and seemed to fill normally.  Tried a complete wash cycle and everything worked normally.  Thanks for your help.  My wife thanks you, too, as entertaining during the holidays without a dishwasher is not fun!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »
Glad to hear that you got it working.

Thanks for taking the time to post a update. Your post is sure to help someone else down the road with the same problem.

Happy Holidays...
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline elite

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 11:47:28 PM »
yes the bosch wire nuts that come in the installation kit are known for melting and sometimes arcing to the point of wires will be welded to wiring acess panel bosh service bullitin said discard and use ceramic wire nuts and cover with heat shrink tubing

LG Steam Washer Display Panel Model#WM2801HRA

Started by resapp

Replies: 1
Views: 1071
Last post November 19, 2011, 10:07:20 PM
by wildimaginations
How to remove the front panel on my Maytag Neptune Washer?

Started by WDW

Replies: 1
Views: 8285
Last post April 15, 2008, 10:17:26 AM
by Repair-man
Maytag Neptune Washer - LR on display and no spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 4702
Last post May 05, 2008, 07:00:37 PM
by AJ
Bosch Washer Leaking from the Dispenser