Author Topic: Maytag CRG9700BAL Gas Stove Display Panel Removal  (Read 2732 times)

Offline MisterEd

• VIP Member
Maytag CRG9700BAL Gas Stove Display Panel Removal
« on: November 06, 2010, 11:22:14 PM »
Hi!

Trying to figure out how to remove the display panel on the Maytag CRG9700 gas oven in order to replace the oven light switch.  Rather than removing every screw I see I am wondering if someone has the "method" or a copy of the service manual.  

Thanks!

Model CRG9700BAL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Maytag CRG9700BAL Gas Stove Display Panel Removal
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 10:36:23 AM »
Late model stove manual for Maycor

I have a few of these on hand like this. Might be helpful.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline MisterEd

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:46:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  While the stove I have is about 20 years old I think the manual you linked to at least gave me an idea of what screws to remove. I'll check it out next week.  Not sure exactly what you were referring to when you said "you had a few of them."

Thanks
Ed

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 05:24:17 PM »
I have some and I want Fearless Leader to let me know which ones I should load if any. I figure loading them on G-docs will help folks. In fact my intent is to load as many docs as I can. My whole reason for being on line is because I want to fulfill the wishes of Mr Fred my mentor. It was his wish to provide and share information on appliances between techs and anyone who bothered to want to learn the trade. He never held back from helping anyone and took the extra step to keep folks from making mistakes in ordering expensive parts. I just wish I knew 1/1000th of what Mr Fred Knew. He taught me well. For most of my life I struggled. I finally figured out the trick. That is their are no shortcuts in life. Am I hurting the trade by giving away manuals and secrets? Nope I am doing unto others as I would hope they would do unto me. That is the golden rule.  O0
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 05:38:12 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »
Of course make sure power is off . I use a small pen knife on top and push down. Carefully using a small screwdriver or another pen knife push up from the bottom and the switch will come out of the panel. I also use PLASTIC putty knives and works very well. No damage to the back. Faster than removing the panel but takes patience.

Offline MisterEd

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »
Of course make sure power is off .

:rofl:

I use a small pen knife on top and push down. Carefully using a small screwdriver or another pen knife push up from the bottom and the switch will come out of the panel. I also use PLASTIC putty knives and works very well. No damage to the back. Faster than removing the panel but takes patience.

Excellent idea!  I shudda thunk o' that!  ;)  Been doing that for years with electronic panels. Even if I just broke it up I'd be better off.

Maytag Ceramic Cooktop Range digital control panel display is stuck

Started by wghman

Replies: 2
Views: 1736
Last post November 02, 2008, 07:39:21 AM
by wghman
Maytag CRG9700BAL ignitor switch replacement & burner removal

Started by MisterEd

Replies: 10
Views: 1108
Last post November 30, 2012, 11:26:21 AM
by MisterEd