Author Topic: Draining Issue  (Read 890 times)

Offline Ricke

• VIP Member
Draining Issue
« on: November 01, 2010, 07:19:17 AM »
Hey everyone!

Sorry about the repeat post, I know this has been posted several times before, but I'm not sure that I'm having the same issue that has been stated in the other posts.  I'm a computer guy, not too handy with washer/dryer's yet lol.

I'm having an issue with the MAH4000AWW and a lack of it draining.  I'm not sure if water is leaking under the drum or if it's just not fully draining.  The washer completes a full cycle and will drain a good amount of water, depending on what part of the cycle I start it on.  I've tried just running the Spin/Drain cycle several times, but it doesn't seem to be expending any additional water.  The clothes come out like any other washer, lightly damp, so it seems to be spinning the water out fine.  Here's where the problem comes in...if I reach inside the washer and spin the drum with my hand after it's completed the cycle, I hear sloshing.  I can also hear it during the cycle sloshing around (this sound can be heard even if I skip all the parts that add new water).  This is no little amount of water either.  I can definitely tell that water is sitting in there, but no water can be seen in the washer itself.

Does this mean that it's not fully draining and I should check the drain hoses or maybe it had actually just lost some water in there before and it needs to be sucked out?  

Just a quick recap:  Washer completes cycle and no water is left to be seen.  Water IS being shot out of the drain hose during the spin/drain cycle, but when the drum is spun, you can hear water sloshing.

I'd appreciate any help that you guys could give.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Draining Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:40:23 AM »
That sloshing sound you hear is normal.  It is liquid inside the balance ring of the inner wash basket.

donate
$1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50

Transmission Issue

Started by engineerguy56

Replies: 3
Views: 3089
Last post November 18, 2007, 08:32:24 PM
by AJ
lg tromm spin issue

Started by Jos

Replies: 3
Views: 4877
Last post February 22, 2008, 10:53:16 AM
by RegUS_PatOff
Washer Issue - Runs, Fills, Start Wash...Loud Grinding for 60s, Drain, Spin Done

Started by Moose101

Replies: 16
Views: 6943
Last post April 30, 2008, 05:39:30 PM
by AJ
Maytag Atlantis Not Draining or Spinning

Started by dconsie

Replies: 11
Views: 10194
Last post June 28, 2008, 05:13:06 PM
by dconsie
Kenmore Washer Draining Slowly