Author Topic: me floating in my boat  (Read 11219 times)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: me floating in my boat
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 08:34:50 PM »
Well I just spent 3 hours fishing my dang boat out of the canal.
 The damn thang sank. My last words last night was: It won't rain hard enough to sink that boat till tomorrow. Just a miniature hurricane dolly remnant musta sank my bismark.Dayum!:D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:36:48 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 12:02:15 PM »
That's got to suck.
How did you get it out of the lake?
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 02:49:23 PM »
I got my daughter and son in law to stand on the front and raise up the rear and then I started bailing like hell with a 5 gallon bucket tied to a rope from the dock. Then I pumped the rest of it out. Today I been building me a homemade float switch.I wrapped a piece of styrofoam with aluminum foil and placed it into a square french fry basket.
I put 2 tar papering nails into the top. (the kind with wide heads). The 2 roofing nails act like electrodes. As the aluminum wrapped styrofoam floats to the top it contacts the nailheads and powers up the bilge pump. I had a store bought one somewhere but after the hurricane sunk the boat I could not find it. I ain't got 25 bucks for a new one. So I hadda improvise.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 08:40:59 PM »
Listen to me folks.
 This is the weirdest phenomena.
The canal is empty and dog river is empty as well as mobile bay. It is like a tsunami.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 08:44:05 PM »
I really feel the water is gonna return with a vengence. This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Florida getting bombarded with flooding and we have no water in the waterways!!! Somebody exsplain it pahleeese!
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 06:21:26 AM »
After having lived on Galveston Bay for 30 years and weathering 12 hurricanes, I can tell you this tide phenomena is normal, especially if you are on the dry side of the storm as you are JW. I've been able to walk 1/4 mile out on East Galveston Bay after a storm sucked out the water like that. Found all kinds of weird stuff and lots of lures, and the seagulls had a field day.

The water will come back after the barometric effects of the storm is gone, usually within 6 hours. Hope you guys in 'Bama get thru it without any damage. You'll have excellent fishing the week after the storm has rolled through.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 03:05:21 PM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »
Well the water is back and it is as if the bay was flushed like a big old toilet and the water is clear as a bell. I am going to take your advice and do some fishing. The boat came through it ok too. I have a new and improved float switch. It was not needed as of yet. So far the rain has been minimal and tthe wind has knocked a few limbs down. The pecans won't be any good this year. But it does not matter as long as we are all safe. We dodged a bullet.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 03:06:17 PM »
How have the oysters been this year down your way?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 06:48:43 PM »
we don't generally mess with digging them or eating them in a month that does not have an R in it. We have a huge re seeding program going on right now.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 06:21:57 AM »
That dang storm came back last night. We have had some water come down. I hope my boat is still floating.
I just came up from pumping out my boat. The water is 3 feet above normal. The rain has subsided for the time being.I wish the national weather service would not sign off on a storm before it is over. Sheesh! :tickedoff:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:39:03 AM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 05:42:47 PM »
JW, you're not out of the woods, yet.

Hurricane Gustav will be a formidible enemy in the Gulf. Better drydok the boat by Saturday.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »
I was checking that out earlier. I have been watching C-spans coverage of the dems nat conv. I enjoy the fact that they do not have a bunch of assholes trying to splain to me what I am hearing. Looks like Cuba is going to get some bad weather again and that Gustav will go straight up the gulfo de mexico. Dang it.Right now it is about a buck fifty south of Gitmo moving to the northwest with max winds of 70 mph. Spagheti model has it going everydang where on the planet but that could change. I was telling myself the spaghetti model has it going everywhere but Mobile. Oh poop! there goes the planet! Yall gonna give me gray hair yet.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:54:18 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 04:51:42 AM »
You actually got hair under that hat?

;D

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »
I have a full head of hair and a beer gut to match. I am 55 years old. Like nearly everybody else from Mobile I was in the marines. On top of that I am very hard headed and stubborn 5th generation Irish. Ain't even got a bald spot, much to the shagrin of my long haired hippy nephew :D
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 04:17:19 PM »
So you're an old Jarhead  O0

Back to the storm thing. I guess you saw those other two depressions following Gustav, one in mid atlantic the other just left Africa. Guess we better batten down the hatches and you better pull up all your crab traps. Tuesday for sure, and if it hits Nawlins like Katrina did, you'll be on the wet side of the storm. Course, who knows what that puppy'll do once it enters the Gulf.

Speaking of New Orleans, George Lopez said that "FEMA stands for Find Every Mexican Available" :)

I got a funny tune I saved from the last time Nawlins got hit. Click here to enjoy.